• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 4, 2020

    Fire Emblem I'm stepping down as a mod.

    Fire Emblem I'm stepping down as a mod.


    I'm stepping down as a mod.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:58 AM PST

    Essentially

    Hey folks, LaqOfInterest here with another stepping-down-from-my-internet-janitor-position shitpost. I'm ditching the green hat for two main reasons:

    First off, I've been spending waaay too much time doing this. While the drain on time was something expected coming out of the 3H launch, my real-life responsibilities have amped up since then and I can't really say that the workload has dropped off too much. Why don't I just take a break? Let the other mods pick up the slack? My personality isn't the type that's able to disconnect like that. Even if I was able to actively ignore modmail and stop checking the report queue for a few days, or weeks, or months, I would end up feeling bad for the people who had to wait longer for a response (if they got one at all) or for a shitty comment directed at them to be removed.

    It might not make a lot of sense, but it's better for me to step away entirely.

    Reason number 2 is a bit less… polite…

    Let me put it this way. I've been a member of this fanbase for a relatively short period of time compared to some of the old guard: I came in in mid-2015 as an Awakening baby. Ever since then, I've been ridiculously – at times unhealthily – passionate about the Fire Emblem series. I've written overanalytical, pointless essays about the relationships between fictional characters, longwinded shitposts for my own amusement and (hopefully) the amusement of others, and more recently I took up my internet mop in the hopes of helping this community remain a great place.

    The point is, I've wasted more time throwing myself into this series over the last five years than (I would hope) most fans of things would do in a period twice as long. As much as anyone here, I fully understand the value of celebrating and defending the things you love. So when a massive Fire Emblem loser like myself tells you that the amount of time many of you have devoted to arguing over Edelgard von Hresvelg is completely, absolutely insane, hopefully you can appreciate the scale of what we're talking about.

    I'm stepping down in large part because if I have to attempt to moderate one more idiotic slapfight over whether or not Edelgard von Hresvelg is a bad person or a bad character, while being berated by both sides just for attempting to curb toxicity, I will go insane. Everyone involved in an Edelgard von Hresvelg slapfight believes themselves to be the victim. No one involved in an Edelgard von Hresvelg slapfight is a victim. If you are reading this and thinking "I know who he's talking about! I argue with those Edelgard stans/anti-Edelgard haters all the time!", I have some bad news for you. If you find yourself participating in at least one Edelgard von Hresvelg slapfight per week, I have some bad news for you. Ask your doctor about Edelgard von Hresvelg slapfights.

    GO OUTSIDE.

    All jokes aside, it's ridiculous, and coupled with my aforementioned brain wiring, it inevitably leads to situations where I'm going back and forth with a person in modmail because they've been warned/tempbanned for being toxic in an argument over Edelgard, and they're convinced that they are the one who has been wronged. I've been accused of being biased towards Edelgard fans and biased against Edelgard fans so many times that I think it may have made me the one person on this planet who is truly Edelgard-neutral.

    It has not been stellar for my mental health.


    I'll still be around, and hopefully happier now that I'll no longer have to acknowledge the existence of Edelgard von Hresvelg as a concept. I wish my fellow mods the best of luck in continuing to do what I cannot.

    Perhaps not the most gracious exit, but it's been real. 👋

    submitted by /u/LaqOfInterest
    [link] [comments]

    My sister drew Henry! She doesn't have Reddit and wanted me to post it here.

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:24 PM PST

    she don't need crusher to crush you

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:18 PM PST

    I wasted way too much Time on this and I regret all of it

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:06 AM PST

    I finally made it, maximum damage!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:10 PM PST

    Felix and Dimitri's paired ending (in either language) be like:

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:09 PM PST

    What Garreg Mach Monastery students do in their free time?(人◕ω◕)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 12:57 PM PST

    Golden Deer GBA Sprites

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:36 PM PST

    Drew a Summer Lyn

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:38 AM PST

    Happy Birthday belated my queen!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 02:53 AM PST

    Redrawn a classic meme........

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:25 AM PST

    big and small!!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:14 PM PST

    My husband judges the Blue Lions

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 03:09 PM PST

    The Burning of Fhirdiad (mocheekanon)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 05:02 AM PST

    Lucina concept as DLC side story character for Three Houses

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 09:09 AM PST

    Evil Tea Time

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:11 AM PST

    The Tempest King

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 08:12 PM PST

    Fetters of Dromi

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:05 PM PST

    Drew the Garreg Mach folks as modern highschool teachers

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:28 PM PST

    S-Supported Edelgard Artwork

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 06:45 AM PST

    Lyndis in Monster Hunter World!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:09 PM PST

    Yuri is one of the best~ I love drawing him in many different outfits!

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 07:28 PM PST

    MONTHLY RAGE THREAD

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:14 PM PST

    AND NOW BACK TO MANAGING SOLELY THE RAGE THREAD, A WORLD OF NOTHING BUT LOVE AND MUTUAL RESPECT.

    WELCOME TO THE MONTHLY RAGE THREAD, WHERE YOU CAN YELL ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM THINGS!

    RULES

    1. UPPER-CASE LETTERS

    2. COMPLAIN ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM THINGS

    3. BE RESPECTFUL OF YOUR FELLOW HUMAN

    4. TAG ANY SPOILERS

    LAST THREAD

    submitted by /u/LaqOfInterest
    [link] [comments]

    Hubert

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:52 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment