• Breaking News

    Friday, April 10, 2020

    Fire Emblem [OC] Hilda! Hilda!

    Fire Emblem [OC] Hilda! Hilda!


    [OC] Hilda! Hilda!

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    I made the three house leaders in Animal Crossing! (clothing codes in comments)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 04:54 PM PDT

    Tought you'd like this Rhea fanart I made for the #sixfanarts challenge! (I haven't played any FE games)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    The white wing sisters! (Comm'd by me for Anna's Roundtable) [Artist: @SpiffyDC]

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I can finally share my Crest of Flames with everyone!

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 04:22 AM PDT

    The Best Green Family!

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    i did a fanart of edelgard :)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Agarthan DESTROYS surface dwellers with FACTS and MAGIC

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    The island getaway setting suits Marianne much better than war torn Födlan [ACNH]

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 10:10 AM PDT

    Made Dimitri into a pin!

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    [Insert Three Houses faction here] did nothing wrong

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    bernie!

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Dorothea Arnault of the Black Eagles

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Post Time-Skip Marianne :)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    Saint Marianne

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 08:13 PM PDT

    Caeda on her Pegasus! - Illustration for Anna's Roundtable

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 07:53 PM PDT

    A video game scrub tries to explain the appeal of Thracia 776

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    [Jerry Seinfeld voice] "What's the deal with FE5?!"

    Thracia has a...reputation. Not just the fictional country, for being opportunistic hyenas, but the game itself. What's the first thing you think of when someone mentions FE5? Bullshit difficulty, maybe? The LTC-er's dream? Elitists Only, No Casuals Allowed?

    Well, I'm here to try and change that view. I want to try and break down what's appealing about playing Fire Emblem: Thracia 776.

    Now I'm not going to lie to you and tell you this game is bullshit-free. Far from it. Some of the objectives are downright painful to try and accomplish with the given resources and time allotted. It's home to the first defense map in the series and WOW how the fuck are you supposed to play that without save states. Project Exile tried to help explain some of the more obtuse important information, but not even a good translation can help tell you how to handle fog of war, warp tiles, and status-inflicting enemies at the same time. What I am going to tell you is what draws people to this game, and in particular, makes it appealing to someone like me.

    See, I didn't grow up with video games. I only really got into them in 2011 after I was 18 and my parents could no longer tell me what I could and couldn't spend my money on. The past nine years have been me playing catch-up with the current culture. The big thing I missed out on from not playing games as a kid is learning patience for them. I didn't spend hours of my childhood trying to beat That One Level in That One Game. I didn't have friends to compare scores and times to and encourage me to try harder. If I reach a particularly difficult portion of a game and I realize I'm not improving after several attempts, I tend to drop the game. Dark Souls is nigh-impossible. Ninja Gaiden, more like, Ninja Bye-then. You can tell me to play Hollow Knight all you want, Jonathan, I'm not going to.

    So why is Thracia 776 one of my favorite games of all time?

    FE5 is made for people like me. If you take your time with the game and try and muscle through it, you will not have fun. Experience and level ups don't end up mattering too much because all stats cap at 20. And since money and weapons are limited, you won't want to waste time routing every enemy on the map. No, the game wants you to cheese it. Here's a warp staff so you can end this giant obnoxious map within the 10-turn limit so you can get the bonus chapter. Here's a thief staff so you don't have to figure out how to capture that giant enemy boss in order to get his good items. I would almost argue that FE5 ends up being more of a puzzler than a power-trip. It gives you the tools to basically cheat and skip past a bunch of hard stuff, and you get rewarded for it.

    I'm definitely not going to defend some of its most obnoxious decisions. But a benefit I get from not being good at video games is that I have no shame in looking up a guide. And until FE5 gets a remake that doesn't hide a bunch of important information behind very specific actions, I think everyone would do well to use one too while playing it (that goes for FE4 as well). So long as you know what minor objectives each map has, you're going to be fine. From there, you can solve the mystery of how to cheese the heck out of each map and get a steaming sense of superiority for using your smarts to save your soldiers.

    So I'm here to argue that what you've heard about FE5 being super difficult and only for hardcore players is wrong. FE5 is for the scrubs like me who have no patience for bullshit and wanna feel good for using cheese strats. And that, my friends, is what is appealing about Thracia 776.

    submitted by /u/racecarart
    [link] [comments]

    The tempest king, art by me! :)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    do you know Dedue?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    Almost! (sierra117-renner)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 06:23 PM PDT

    Even with its many bad sides, can we all agree that Fates' music was amazing?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 01:25 PM PDT

    I still enjoy it to this day.

    submitted by /u/_Python-
    [link] [comments]

    Made a little chart just for fun! What quarantine house would you guys pick?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    Found this animatic with Hubert and Ferdinand I made a while ago! (Cw for Language)(OC)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 02:56 PM PDT

    I messed around with official sprite cause there aren't enough color slots. I hope someone out there digs it. Some of you guys are really good at this.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment