• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 27, 2021

    Fire Emblem My fanart of Dimitri! @BellPepperArt

    Fire Emblem My fanart of Dimitri! @BellPepperArt


    My fanart of Dimitri! @BellPepperArt

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:27 PM PDT

    New meme from SrGrafo

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    Remember a year ago when I posted my Dedue cosplay WIP? I decided I needed to fix that! I’ll def be updating you guys more on my progress!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    Edelgard on social media! (OC)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:50 AM PDT

    I drew Lyn!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    War Cleric Marianne (By @ray_dango) [Commission]

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:04 PM PDT

    I made Bernie dancing xD

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    This is evil.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    A Day in the Life of Heroes - Family of the Future

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:51 PM PDT

    HANNEMAN AND MANUELA AFTER A-SUPPORT

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:43 AM PDT

    Lumine and Paimon from genshin impact dressed as Byleth and Sothis!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    How come you don’t flirt with me? Caspar x Hilda

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    Lucina with Eye of Exalt in Miitopia

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    Digging too deep, commission from Setz

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    Sophia head bop animation [commission]

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    I made Custom Coasters Inspired by the Three Houses

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    Lucina outside [OC]

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    Smug Lyn + Sunglasses

    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 11:39 PM PDT

    Relief, A New Dawn (by @RitDelba) [Commission]

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:26 PM PDT

    Caeda's recruitment conversations in New Mystery of the Emblem are great too

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:31 AM PDT

    Introduction

    This is a sequel to my original post on Caeda's recruitment conversations in Shadow Dragon that showed different facets of Caeda's character. However, Caeda is often criticized for only being an interesting character in Shadow Dragon but weaker in Mystery of the Emblem. I personally think Caeda is being underrated in the sequel so we'll look at her three recruitment conversations.

    Caeda's excellent deduction skills

    Samto is disguising himself as Navarre, an act which ends up fooling everyone, in particular Lang and Ogma.

    Lang: Swordsman Navarre. When they open that door, you make your move. There is no need for restraint; slice them to pieces!

    Navarre: Yeah... Sure. Though the knights of Altea are hardly worthy enemies.

    Lang: Oh-ho! That's my Navarre. They say not even Ogma of Talys is your equal.


    Ogma: Navarre... You bastard...

    Navarre: Stay away... This evening, my killing edge hungers for blood...

    Ogma: Do you mean to kill me, no matter what? Hmph, very well. I knew that we'd have to settle our score eventually.

    Samto: Wait... Stay your blade! ...I'm no Navarre, I'm just a sham. I... It's me, Samto. Have you forgotten, Ogma?

    Ogma: Samto?! Samto, the gladiator from Knorda?

    Caeda, on the other hand, figures out that the individual she's talking to isn't Navarre. In fact, she's the only person to do so prior to him getting exposed. This leads me to believe she may very well be the smartest person in Marth's army. What's even more impressive is that she doesn't even know Samto from the past like Ogma did nor went through a vetting process like Lang did.

    Caeda: Navarre, please hear me out! Lend your sword to our cause, just once more!

    Navarre: What? Who are you? I'll have no business with women or children... But, there's a first for everything... (Whoa, she's smoking!) What business do you have with me?

    Caeda: ...... Y-you're not Navarre! Who are you?

    Samto: Yikes, I've been exposed, huh? I'm actually a stingy mercenary known as Samto. Somehow, I keep getting mistaken for this famous "Navarre" swordsman guy. I got tired of it after a while, so I decided to pose as him and got myself hired. But I don't like this General Lang guy either. If you're alright with it, I'll lend you my sword.

    Caeda the motivational speaker

    When Jake doubts that he can be of use due to losing his ballista, Caeda reassures him that just his presence would be very helpful. I'm sure she can be a great motivational speaker and be successful at encouraging people.

    Caeda: Listen, Jake. We're fighting for the peace of the continent again. Could you help us, like old times...?

    Jake: I dunno, I kinda lost my ballista, so I doubt I'd be much use to you.

    Caeda: That's not true. You'd help us a lot just by being there...

    Jake: Aw, shucks. How could I say no when you say it like that? I bet Anna's worried about the war too. Alrighty, I'll join you then.

    Caeda's flattery

    Roger confronts Caeda and tells her that he won't betray his faction because he's now a changed man. The reason why he joined was because he was infatuated by her so the change implies that he can control his lustful emotions now unlike before.

    Caeda: Good day, sir.

    Roger: Ack! You, y-you're... Caeda!

    Caeda: Thank goodness, Roger. It's nice to see you again.

    Roger: Uh... Uhm, you should know, I've no plans to betray Archanea. I was just thinking about that time when you asked me "do you believe in love?" But I'm different from who I was back then.

    Caeda acts innocent and is able to spin Roger's statement around to make it seem like he is trying to claim that he is no longer a kind/loving man. Caeda feigning ignorance and changing the meaning behind Roger's words puts him in a difficult spot because either he embarrasses himself by being more explicit or he ends up tarnishing his image of being kind man. It also makes Roger doubt that Caeda even manipulated him in the first place because she acts naive about Roger joining due to his kindness and not due to his lust. Appearing this naive allows her to let down Roger's guard, making him a clean slate like before, ripe for manipulation again.

    Caeda: Really? But you still seem like a nice man. That's why I wanted to speak to you again.

    Roger: Uhh...

    Caeda questions why Roger fights for Archanea and then flatters him by saying he's still the same kind person as before even though his answer was because of self preservation as opposed to kindness so it leads me to believe that this level of kindness from Caeda is fake and a means to gain his trust completely despite him being suspicious of her in the beginning.

    Caeda: May I just ask, why are you fighting for Archanea?

    Roger: Be-because Archanea has already taken over the world. Resistance is futile: no one can win. My life is precious to me. If I side with whoever's stronger, then I'm guaranteed to live longer...

    Caeda: I see.

    Roger: A-are you disappointed with me?

    Caeda: No, never. As I thought, you're fighting for what you believe in. You're not different. You're the same, kind man as when I first met you and I'm happy for that.

    Caeda then goes on to say that she will ask Marth so that the army doesn't fight Roger. I personally don't think Caeda was being genuine here because Marth going out of his way to make sure none of his soldiers target a certain individual is almost impossible to do due to the size of Marth's army as well as the fact Roger is just one of many soldiers fighting against Marth. However, by telling Roger she is going to make such a request, it forces Roger to also avoid attacking anyone in Marth's army or else he doesn't live up to Caeda's flattery due to not reciprocating. But if he choses to reciprocate by not targeting anyone in Marth's army, he will be punished due to not following orders by his own army, leaving him with no option but to defect once again.

    Roger: Uhhh... Wait- you're leaving?!

    Caeda: Yes. I too must fight for what I believe in. But I'll make a request to Marth so that we don't have to fight you. I'm happy that we could talk again, Roger.

    Roger: W-wait! ...As I thought, you're still very kind. Dare I say, we don't have girls quite like you back in Grust or Archanea. Um, perhaps... I suppose I could... Aw heck, I'm going with you again!

    Conclusion

    Hopefully I have shown that Caeda's intelligence and charisma is not restricted to Shadow Dragon but also extends into its sequel.

    Question: Which Roger recruitment conversation was your favourite, the original or this one?

    submitted by /u/lcelerate
    [link] [comments]

    Here's a clay figure of Cecilia I made a while ago

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:43 PM PDT

    Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade - Beyond Distant Skies (Roy’s Departure) ...

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    Garreg Mach Summer Time

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment