• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 31, 2020

    Fire Emblem FE3H - Between Heaven and Earth 🌙✨ (OC)

    Fire Emblem FE3H - Between Heaven and Earth ��✨ (OC)


    FE3H - Between Heaven and Earth ��✨ (OC)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:24 PM PST

    Diva Azura fron Warriors wither her Nohrian color palette

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:07 AM PST

    Injured Sophia [Commission]

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:10 AM PST

    Senri Kita's Chiseled Canon

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:29 PM PST

    New Years Corn!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:05 AM PST

    My year of Fire Emblem <3

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:12 AM PST

    Fire Emblem Awakening's Anti-Piracy Routine (Collab with UltimaShadowX)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:46 PM PST

    I costested Tharja tonight!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:12 PM PST

    [OC] Last chibi of the year, I wish you all a great 2021!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:48 PM PST

    dondon plays FE7 HHM 0% growths - chapter 29 [Cog of Destiny]

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:15 PM PST

    Drew Eliwood and Fiora in kimono because why not

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:16 PM PST

    Finally at a point where I'm pretty happy with the collection!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 08:52 AM PST

    What are your thoughts on Seliph?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:34 PM PST

    I'm curious what people think of Seliph. I know a lot of people think he's kinda bland, but I like him personally. A lot of his dialogue isn't very interesting, but there are certain moments where I feel like he starts to become a more unique character. If he had some more time to be fleshed out, I think he'd be a lot better (I don't know how they would go about doing that in a remake though). He's pretty cool in Heroes too, especially because of the voice acting.

    submitted by /u/BreadfruitJunior
    [link] [comments]

    ashe is sending you hugs to welcome this new year ��

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:48 PM PST

    [Fanart] MS Paint Art - Python's Gift

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:30 PM PST

    A clay figure of Lilina I made yesterday.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:26 AM PST

    God Shattering Star metal remix by GaMetal

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:16 PM PST

    Ashe

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:03 PM PST

    I'm on my first play though and Ashe is just an amazing character and he is also really fucking strong and I just aaaaaaaaaa

    submitted by /u/dustinredditreal
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to say happy New Years to everyone

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:19 PM PST

    This year I played a lot of RPG's and one of them was notably Fire Emblem. I loved it and it was amazing. I'll never forget Chrom and his Shepard's fight with Grima or Alm's March into Rigel's soil. This game has shown me stories that are engaging and keep you in their worlds most steps of the way. Thank you to everyone who gave me advice, weather it was with my heroes builds or it was advice for my 3rd attempt at Nuibaba's abode. Thank you for making these games great and keeping them alive today. That concludes my sappy little thanks. Have a great 2021 everyone!

    submitted by /u/X_41
    [link] [comments]

    Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon & The Blade of Light Endgame Guide (FE1 Spoilers)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:32 PM PST

    I've Transcribed Karina, Levion and Tekun's Supports From The Last Promise

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 02:33 PM PST

    Here they are: Karina, Levion, Tekun

    If you missed any previous posts, you can see the rest of the characters here: Anakin

    Siegfried

    Kelik

    Shon

    Corben

    Tamiko

    Shuuda

    Inanna

    Kevin

    Arthur

    Haas

    Storm

    Althares

    Noah

    Cia

    Ace

    Eduardo

    Emma

    Ben

    Risk

    submitted by /u/Tyranitar729
    [link] [comments]

    A review on choosing Byleth/the Church of Seiros

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:50 AM PST

    So this is my personal review on my Silver Snow playthrough.

    I recommend reading my Crimson Flower review first, it'll help understanding my thoughts and also features those on White Clouds with the Black Eagles:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/knqy4l/a_review_on_choosing_the_black_eagles/

    Again, massive spoilers ahead.

    Silver Snow was a path that I was both looking forward to and being very conservative about at the beginning.

    On the one hand I was able to play with Flayn and Seteth again.

    But on the other hand I had to part from Edelgard and help the Church of Seiros. And I didn't like Rhea at the time of the path split at all. I knew she kept a lot of things to her and it bothered me a lot how she seemed to push Byleth to do certain things like she had him to fulfill a pre-determined
    destiny. I felt like Byleth was only a tool to her.

    And after playing chapter 12 I had very mixed feelings about her. Seeing how she defended Byleth with her life was weird. Certainly I didn't get the impression that she cared about the Professor, but more about his ability to wield the Sword of the Creator and she probably knew that Byleth even had the Power of Sothis.

    At this point I wasn't done with Crimson Flower yet, so I did not know that Rhea is Seiros. I played Silver Snow to chapter 14 before completely focusing on CF again.

    However, there was a conversation between Seteth and Rhea before the timeskip when she told him a lot about Byleth, although the content of this was not revealed until late into the game.

    And this conversation once again contributed to my distrust.

    So, once again through the timeskip I was about to make a really surprising discovery.

    The first scene after the timeskip is Byleth waking up in a tower of Garreg Mach, I even think it's the tower of the goddess. And the promise the Black Eagles made for meeting up at the anniversary of Garreg Mach in 5 years was important to all students of Byleth's class.

    The first person he comes to see after waking up from his slumber is Edelgard herself who held her promise and actually visited the Monastery. This once again reminded me how Edelgard is not possessed from evil like a lot of other Fire Emblem antagonists are. But at the same time she was the enemy.

    Edelgard herself tho is in shock, but at the same time happy, even tho unwilling to admit it. She knows that Byleth can possibly interfere with her plans.

    After she left, Byleth comes across Seteth in the surrounding area and I thought "how can this get any better?" I was so happy to see him. But I was yet to find out that this person is probably the one Byleth will grow the closest to.

    Seteth is a teacher-person from the first minute.

    And the map I get to play on is just right. The atmosphere is a 10/10 for chaos and lost order in this world. Something that I wanted to see after falling asleep for 5 years and having an Empress trying to gain control over the continent.

    How boring it be if we just came back into a perfectly fine area after having such an epic fight for Garreg Mach and meeting up with all those who held close to their word of returning for the anniversary?

    Nothing in chapter 13 tells you that the continent is in a good shape. It is at war!

    Not only that, but word reaches you that Dimitri is dead. One of the houseleaders has already died! "This was going to be a mess" I thought. And rightfully so.

    Byleth's and Seteth's next step with the newborn resistance army, a fourth power in all of this, was to gain total control over Garreg Mach again. I mean, we gotta fish somewhere, right?

    I was pretty happy to see Flayn again.

    But my happiness was interrupted by an ambush in the Valley of Torment.

    Somewhere around this point I completed the side quest for Marianne. In this quest you have to defeat Maurice, one of the original ten elites, who became the Wandering Beast tho. He roamed the continent for over a thousand years, yet he gave me the impression that he simply felt helpless in this state.

    Knowing that Marianne had the same crest and might turn into something similar I felt uneasy. Because I like Marianne and her development. It becomes especially apparent in the supports with Ferdinand who teaches her that being dead or alive is not irrelevant.

    And Blutgang is such a good weapon that Marianne's survivability increased drastically after getting this.

    However, there was definitely a correlation between my stronger feeling for all the characters and Silver Snow being the second time I play with them. I had already mastered Crimson Flower with this group and Flayn and Seteth were so special to me that I sincerely loved this messy group.

    I think after playing chapter 16 I got to play a sidequest with Ferdinand and Lysithea. And it broke my heart when Ferdinand found out that the bandits had already killed his father, whomst he had seeked to find in the area.

    Ferdinand actually cried and it felt like it was an eternity, although I was auto-playing the dialogue.

    This path surely got more emotional and sadder than Crimson Flower.

    And this was not to end any time soon.

    After the Resistance Army captured the Bridge of Myrddin, Gilbert appeared and asked for their help. He told them that Dimitri was still alive and about to start an offensive against the Empire with the help of Claude and the Alliance. A battle just like in chapter 7 (the Battle of the Eagle and Lion).

    However, I let Byleth decline the offer to join them and instead just let their army pass the Bridge freely.

    My thought was that I will not help the Kingdom. I had my own plans and I didn't feel like I had the troops to do that.

    However, shortly after this Seteth and Byleth receive word, that the battle was over. Dimitri died in action. Killed by Edelgard. Claude is nowhere to be found. And Edelgard was badly injured.

    And that's when I began to question my decision. What if I told Gilbert that we'd join?

    The cutscene with Byleth having a dream about him and Dimitri meeting gave me hope. I actually hoped that Dimitri was still alive. He fooled death before, maybe he'd even join us!

    But yeah, turned out to be just a dream. And after that I realized: We had troops! We still had the Knights of Seiros, probably the most irrelevant army in this game unless you fight them. Because otherwise they are non-existant.

    Fort Merceus was next. And damn, the Death Knight surprised me a lot. Not only does he move if one of my troops gets anywhere close to him, but he also tries to run away.

    Luckily I had send Byleth and Ingrid north and Lysithea and Bernadetta to the middle. This way I was able to use Lysithea's teleport to send Flayn from the south very close to him and make him go around her. That was a very nice variation in battle tactics. For once I had to chase an enemy and not let him get away instead of just overrunning him with troops.

    But the following cutscene after the fight was just totally unexpected. Edelgard has nuclear missiles! At least I thought so, I wasn't quite correct.

    Chapter 18 led me to Enbarr. An offensive against Edelgard and the Empire, getting closer to the person that had learned so much about. A last resort after failing to get hold of an important stronghold. I was in a very weird situation again.

    On the one hand I knew I had to stop Edelgard and put in end to this since so many people died. But on the other hand I understood why she did all of this.

    On the streets of Enbarr I let Felix do what he asked for: Killing the Death Knight. It was between him and Mercedes and he did it. Hubert fell to a surprise attack from Byleth who was teleported right infront of him by Lysithea to make this a quick end after massacreing the Empire's troops.

    Now, the battle theme in these chapters and in the next one where just perfect.

    "The Long Road" is a slow, sad and yet determined and thoughtful piece of music. Just listening to this feels like a final effort to secure the victory, even if costs my life.

    And this was exactly what suited the situation the most for me. In the cutscene before entering the palace Byleth gets the option to say that he doesn't want to kill Edelgard.

    To my surprise Seteth understood this but reminded me of the necessity. Meeting Dedue, who had also tricked the grim reaper, was quite relieving and made this even more epic.

    So... Here we are. The final battle, I thought. Edelgard is right behind the door. The giant beasts are insane. The music, the encircled Empress on her throne... Everything shouted that this was going to be the most epic battle in this game. And it was!

    I used the heck out of my heroe's relics since I didn't need them afterwards anyway. Dedue unfortunately died in the battle. If he had survived one more enemy phase he would have lived... Well, hard to tell if he actually died. His last words were that he wouldn't want to waste his life now.

    But the fight against Edelgard was something that I could only let Byleth do.

    Actually took a clip of the entire dialogue and battle (auto play fits exactly 30 seconds, it was a short battle tho). The Sword of the Creator against Aymr and the change in music once you engage her...

    And the following cinematic cutscene was more than heartbreaking.

    Byleth hesitating to kill Edelgard, while she begs him to kill her. He should be the only one to end her life. Noone else. She accepted her faith and told him that she really wished, they could have walked on the same path-

    Byleth actually kills her before she could finish her sentence. You can clearly hear how she was not done talking yet.

    Remembering the time I learned so much about her and fell in love with this character and now she is dead.

    This was definitely one of my most memorable moments in video games and only possible due to the fact that I played Crimson Flower before this.

    And then again: Bam! Big surprise! We're not done yet!

    My first thought was "will I get to finish what Edelgard started?"

    But instead it was now time to remove "those who slither in the dark" from the planet.

    And I gotta say... I don't know how to feel about chapter 20... This tron-city simply didn't fit into all of this, but it certainly made sense. These people lived at a place the sun did not know it would even exist. Barely anyone actually knew. It just felt to modern tho.

    The map didn't look like it was made of stone and rocks or anything comparable like the rest of the world. This was some futuristic metal stuff.

    However, I got to take on something that Edelgard did not manage to do and that made the thing a whole lot better.

    Before this chapter, Rhea returned to the game. And I didn't feel as bad about her as I used to. Probably because she looked so weakend. Even Hubert got some sympathy points for his letter.

    But when she said that she was about to tell Byleth everything about him after this battle I already knew she wasn't gonna make it.

    Aaaaand once again, this story line kicked me right into my face. Yeah, Silver Snow is probably the most surprising story line ever, I guess.

    Now the big question was: Will Byleth get to be the leader of this continent?

    Seteth told me to talk to all my students about this and tell him my answer in front of Rhea. However, he also said that he felt like they had already become a family, concerning himself, Byleth, Flayn and all the others. And that was an important moment to me. Because Seteth and Flayn really felt like being the closest to Byleth in this storyline. And I loved these two. Seteth made a 180 from being the overconcerned father of Flayn and slayer of everyone who disagrees with Rhea to a worthy tutor and best friend. Someone who really cared about Byleth for the sake of Byleth himself. Something that I only witnessed as strong with Edelgard before.

    I really enjoyed this. Talking one last time to my students, trying to get the answer that they'd like the most. Yet all of them wanted Byleth to be the leader of Fodlan. And by the time I reached Seteth I was ready to say yes. I skipped pretty much the entire month for this and.... Yeah, guess what happened. I was once again surprised.

    However, while I was doing my last exploration I went to Abyssus for a last time as well and restored the Library. There I found the answer to Hanneman's questions about those who slither in the dark. Their goals, why they do what they do and why they lived in Shambhala. And this was important for the upcoming battle and my motivation.

    Now, I knew there had to be another fight. And I expected it to be against Rhea and the Church of Seiros.

    I thought Rhea wouldn't want me to take over and lead everyone. That she'd be mad and thus tries kill me.

    But that became less and less likely the more she told me about Byleth's past. About the fact that his mother was a failed attempt to revive the goddess. At this point I even thought Jeralt wouldn't be Byleth's actual father. I was very glad when I heard that he actually was tho.

    And I wasn't mad about Rhea anymore. Not seeing her in her Archbishop-robe really makes a difference.

    So, Rhea loses control over her power and becomes the Immaculate One.

    Seteth reveals that he and Flayn are actually Saint Cichol and Cethleann (okay, I admit: I already knew that for a while since some people don't properly mark their spoilers).

    Btw, this time I chose to marry Flayn.

    And then there was the final battle... It was depressing, just like the battle against Edelgard. But this time, because this was the actual final battle. After this it would be all over. And Rhea actually became something of a mother to Byleth.

    But a worthy final battle.

    So I was back to using the heck out of my heroe's relics. And I'd been using all I could for the past few battles already. Ingrid even carried both Cichol-relics since I couldn't get her Lúin. (Yes, I looked up which weapons I might be able to still get my hands on.)

    And it was a battle with bonds. I sent Byleth and Marianne on a mission to kill the units in the northwest, at one point almost sacraficing Marianne for Byleth (they had an S-support too, btw.) but all the time using her to heal him and break the barriers with Blutgang.

    Flayn, Ashe and Petra took care of the east, barely making it to the Immaculate One.

    Seteth, Lysithea, Dorothea, Felix and Mercedes went south and captured the point.

    And Ingrid... Well, I sent her southwest, but she didn't get to do as much as I wanted her to.

    However the timing in battle against the Immaculate One was just perfect. Byleth fought Rhea using only the Sword of the Creator. He had a lot of support, this wasn't gonna be like in Crimson Flower, a thing only between Edelgard and Byleth.

    I wanted everyone to participate in this case of cracking a really tough nut.

    And Byleth delivered the final blow while using up the very last point of his sword, which made the Sword of the Creator break as the battle ended and this way (unexpectedly) gave me a feeling of letting everything behind. The Sword that once caused so much trouble and was pretty much Byleth's signature weapon to fight this war, broke. There was no more need for it.

    And the final cutscene of Rhea death was great. It was a sad one giving contrast to the ending of Crimson Flower where I was just filled with hatred. I hated this aggressive and destructive person who was almost about to explode from their own hatred.

    This time it was both relieving and saddening that Rhea had to die. But she died in peace and got to see her mother once more.

    This storyline was like an emotional therapy, something that I could really use since I have major difficulties with expressing feelings to the outside world.

    And something that was worth being done on the final day of the year.

    Everything just fitted the mood.

    The engagement cutscene with Flayn was awesome, too. I loved the part where she asks Byleth if he identifies as a male or a female since he is male but also has the power of the goddess. She even refers to him as a male goddess. Everything about this was so adorable.

    And I love this storyline. I would actually put it above Crimson Flower, but mainly because I had the pleasure to play Crimson Flower before this. Only thanks to that I was able experience this path the way I did.

    And in my opinion this was not about the Church of Seiros. As I said, I don't particularly like the Church. And Rhea plays too small of a role in this story. It might have been different if she was there the entire time, but this storyline was about Byleth finding his own way.

    And I think that is just perfect.

    There are 3 houseleaders, 3 rulers of Fodlan. But in this 4th path you choose to not go with any of them. Instead, Byleth becomes the King of Fodlan. He is the one who guides the people. His students only follow his goals, not those of the Church or the other houseleaders.

    And that is simply amazing. I can't imagine that any other route could bring more happiness in the post-story world that we don't get to see, but only to read about.

    I only played these two paths so far and haven't even started any of the others.

    Yet I already have more than 90h of playtime with only about 50% of the game done.

    I'm really looking forward to starting the next route, but I'm experiencing quite a melancholy after playing this.

    Thank you so much for reading this.

    submitted by /u/Shadoukoa
    [link] [comments]

    FE8 Reverse Recruitment Eirika LTC (Chapter 5 & 5x) [Commentary]

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:14 AM PST

    [FE7] Softly With Grace - Four Fangs battle theme remastered

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:13 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment