• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 30, 2021

    Fire Emblem As soon as I get a new Fire Emblem picture I always rush to post it here to have your feedbacks so.. new summer Camilla picture! Lemme know if you like it, even if it’s impossible to not like the best big sister👀 (insta: hana.cos)

    Fire Emblem As soon as I get a new Fire Emblem picture I always rush to post it here to have your feedbacks so.. new summer Camilla picture! Lemme know if you like it, even if it’s impossible to not like the best big sister�� (insta: hana.cos)


    As soon as I get a new Fire Emblem picture I always rush to post it here to have your feedbacks so.. new summer Camilla picture! Lemme know if you like it, even if it’s impossible to not like the best big sister�� (insta: hana.cos)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    [PRE-ORDER] FE3H House Sweaters

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 02:57 PM PDT

    I commissioned another Byleth and Hilda art piece from @perlmuttt on Twitter.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    (OC) Hilda Post-Skip Bust

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 10:44 AM PDT

    Because I said I could, I extended my top 100 Fire Emblem characters to a top 200 Fire Emblem characters list.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 03:01 PM PDT

    Did anyone else choose Claude because he seemed like the nicest and had the best intentions?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    Summer Marianne (By @moquackja) [Commission]

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    Flayn&!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    Marianne Doodle

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    [FE3H] Shrekleth S-Support Card Edit

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    [OC] Painted a birthday card commission ^^

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 08:17 PM PDT

    Doodle of Fire work(No

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    FE3H lords x house sweaters

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    [oc art] crimson flower

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 03:51 AM PDT

    Is it just me or does Shadows of Valentia have pretty legit writing and plot?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 06:53 PM PDT

    Just played FE SoV for the first time and I'm actually pretty shocked by the quality of the writing and story, which is surprising considering FE has never really been known for great writing. Even Three Houses has very noticeable flaws in its own plot and writing. SoV's plot just feels really good to me. I'm not exactly an expert in story-writing or anything but I just wanted to kind of spitball my thoughts. Obvious spoilers below.

    First of all, I love the villains. Outside of Jedah, they're all pretty nuanced with motives/personalities supported by back stories. I particularly like Berkut - he was brought up to believe that his power is the only thing valuable about him, so it's understandable why he loses his shit every time he loses to Alm and ends up giving his soul to Duma. Fernand too, his contempt for commoners stems from the fact that his entire family was murdered by them, so there's probably a lot of unprocessed trauma and misdirected anger there (which he literally acknowledges during his death!). Even fucking Duma is pretty sympathetic, he's not evil for the sake of evil, he just lost his shit as immortal dragon gods do in just about every FE - Mila's supposed to be the "good guy" god and yet she had her own flaws and acted out of her own self-interest. Rudolph was a pretty good villain too - while the game's reasoning for him doing what he did felt a LIIITTLE contrived, from what I hear it's still a huge step up from how they handled it in Gaiden.

    I love to see character development too, which I saw a lot of in Alm, Clive, and Celica.

    I like Alm, the main character, was an actual flawed realistic character who goes through shit, learns, and becomes a better person in the end. None of that Corrin bullshit, or Byleth where he's borderline mute yet we're supposed to believe he's that charismatic. Alm is just really relatable.

    Maybe I'm just not too critical of games' stories (which I admit tends to be the case), but of all the FE's I've played (all the games FE6 and onwards except for Warriors) I find SoV to have the best writing and story. I see why Three Houses was so charming, it's clear the developers/writers took a lot from SoV. Also wanna shout out the soundtrack, probably my favorite OST in the series aside from Three Houses.

    Obviously SoV's gameplay is a diff story. If I'm being honest I didn't enjoy the actual game as much, I mainly just tried to blaze through the maps so I could see more cutscenes and dialogue.

    Anyways that's just my two cents lol

    submitted by /u/jfsoaig345
    [link] [comments]

    What are some of your Rarepairs?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 04:45 PM PDT

    I feel like everyone has at least one obscure ship they really love. Share some of your favorite Rarepairs. Maybe you'll someone who shares that niche ship, or maybe you'll inspire others to appreciate an unfamiliar pairing!

    Some pairings I like and don't see anyone talk about:

    • Lachesis and Claud: The pairing that triggered this post. Personally, I'm mixed on popular Lachesis partners like Naoise and Finn because I get the impression that Lachesis is trying to substitute Eldigan with a new "ideal knight" figure in her life. With Claud, I feel like he would be a strong figure to help Lachesis accept her brother's death and to continue fighting for a world her brother would've wanted.
    • Julia and Scáthach: Really this just echoes an idea from a post about Seliph and Larcei - how they bring unity to Grannvale and Isaach after the conflict between those nations kickstarted the game. However, I am a firm Seliph and Tinni fan, so I landed on the similar pairing of Julia and Scáthach.
    • Ninian and Geitz: Geitz is a man who grew disgusted by the world after witnessing the extent of humanity's cruelness. Ninian, despite constantly being mistreated by humanity, is able to find solace among Eliwood's army. I believe Ninian would be able to open Geitz's eyes to the good humans are capable of. Whether Ninian still leaves though the Dragon's Gate or dies young with him, I feel that a brief romance between them would be fitting for Geitz's lifestyle. She was able to give him a new outlook and direction for the next part of his personal journey to finding happiness and satisfaction. TL;DR: Geitz and Ninian should have had a support, and I like Eliwood with Fiora better.
    • Tobin and Silque: Pretty sure I've seen a headcanon once that these two found Awakening's House Rosanne, given the blue hair with a distinct center part that sold me on this one. Also, both are the sociable, chatty type (despite what Silque's support amount says)
    • Luthier and Marisha: Yes, I know it sounds wild, but here me out. Luthier's ending says that he travelled across the sea, and there are stories of ruffians coming to Valentia in search of him. Meanwhile, Marisha's ending mentions rumors of her becoming a delinquent. I say Luthier protected her village from ruffians, and her grannie once again tried to marry Marisha off. Suddenly she has a boyfriend that frequently causes trouble with bandits and ruffians. Of course that will make her sound like a delinquent.
    submitted by /u/ThePsyShyster
    [link] [comments]

    A Day in the Life of Heroes - An Unexpected Sight

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 06:40 PM PDT

    [I drew] Mark from Blazing Sword.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 07:46 PM PDT

    Hooters Lucina Art Commissions Compilation (Various Artists w/ sources included)

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 06:38 PM PDT

    Brigid x Samus Drawing Concept

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 09:11 PM PDT

    Byleth come home to me ��

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    "What If?" Wednesday, Chapter 37: Save on Staves, Memorize your Magic!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 07:37 PM PDT

    Chapter 36

    Greetings, one and all! Welcome back to "What If?" Wednesday, the series that doesn't happen nearly as often as I want it to. I have a little time now, though, and a decent enough idea that came to my mind. So, let's go ahead with it!

    Magic is a commonplace feature in the world of Fire Emblem. Mages assail their foes with fearsome fireballs and roaring thunder, while Priests provide healing support to their closest allies. In most games, offensive magic takes the form of tomes - books that the unit reads, and uses to cast a spell. Support magic, meanwhile, comes in the form of staves - magically-infused rods that grant manifold abilities. By increasing their ranks, magic-users can begin to use rarer and more powerful tomes and staves.

    A couple games, however, do it quite differently. In Gaiden (and its remake, Echoes: Shadows of Valentia), spells are innate to a given unit. As the unit levels up, they may learn more spells. These have similar offensive and support functions to the tomes and staves of more "traditional" games. But rather than costing durability, they drain the caster's HP (excepting Nosferatu, a weak and inaccurate spell that may heal its user). Three Houses runs with this general formula, only now spells are learned through achieving more "traditional" weapon ranks. Additionally, rather than draining the user's HP, spells now come with a limited number of charges per battle, that only refreshes once the next battle begins.

    The question I wish to pose, then, is this: What if Fire Emblem games with a traditional magic system instead employed a system where magical spells are innate and unit-linked? Here's the specific system I propose - each Mage or Healer has the tomes/staves that come with them turned into a personal spell. Let's assume each one has (durability/5, rounded up) uses per map. So Lena, in Shadow Dragon, would not start with a 7-use Warp staff, but a 2-use-per-map Warp spell innate to her. Whereas Nino, in FE7, joins with 6 charges of Elfire per map (rather than a 30-use Elfire tome). New spells can be learned by acquiring the relevant item, and consuming it - but only with a high enough weapon rank (so in Awakening, Ricken can "use" the Thoron tome to learn a 5-charge-per-map Thoron spell, so long as he's achieved B in tomes). Tomes can be bought and forged as usual, but only before they are "learned". In the case of Fates (where there is no weapon durabilty), let's assume infinite offensive spell charges per map, but the negative effects of stronger tomes still apply.

    How would this sort of change impact the way you play the game? Which units become better, and which worse? Similarly, which spells go from hot to not, and vice versa? Is this a sort of system you'd like to see in a future FE title, or do you prefer something more along the lines of what we've already got?

    Anyway, thanks for reading! I hope to read your thoughts below. I know I've been somewhat delinquent on this series. Looking back, it's almost a year since I posted the Prologue, and it's getting harder and harder to put fresh ideas out there. As such, you can think of this as my "penultimate" post in this series. 37 chapters is long enough, so when next we meet, we'll be heading into the Endgame.

    submitted by /u/SixThousandHulls
    [link] [comments]

    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 - Advance B | Orchestral Cover

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    The Edge of Dawn for Marimba!!

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 07:30 AM PDT

    I drew bunny Hilda

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 03:27 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment