• Breaking News

    Monday, August 30, 2021

    Fire Emblem When it's been 4 years since your last FEH alt...

    Fire Emblem When it's been 4 years since your last FEH alt...


    When it's been 4 years since your last FEH alt...

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 01:15 PM PDT

    I drew Summer Freyja

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 01:33 PM PDT

    A Familiar Face [OC]

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    Lyn with a blanket, asking you for hot cocoa and cuddles(?)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    Sharing my Byleth cosplay :)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    Smol Bernie �� [Art by me. twt: @cozybambii]

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 09:32 AM PDT

    My recent commission piece of Natasha. Commissions open btw!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 10:06 AM PDT

    (OC) Made a sketch of Swimwear Corrin!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 02:13 PM PDT

    Resplendent Caeda taking 0 damage from Naga as she slices it in half while Marth floats off in the distance

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 04:52 PM PDT

    Raquel (Tear Ring Saga)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    Honestly, the thing I love about Fire Emblem is how ANYONE can be of use in terms of max level/stat caps in your game if you really want to use them due to emotional attachment/bias picks, even bad units that you should avoid at all costs if you can.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    Having grown up and played quite a few games throughout my life, I wound up finding myself generally as somebody who likes to use my favorite characters in any game I want to play because I like their characters, regardless of their tier placement. I think one of the best things a game can do is make you invested into that character, and I think using who you like is a good thing in any mentality. Sadly, it's not something that exactly wins you games; more often than not it's a lot smarter from a gameplay sense to use the character that does it's job better than others, and why you see Fox, Falco, Marth, Jigglypuff and so on in Melee's competitive scene, and not Roy or Donkey Kong. Which isn't to say Roy or Donkey Kong can't win, but they simply have major problems in viability beyond a casual scene, and that sucks given Roy's my second favorite lord in the series.

    Even RPGs are generally not safe from this; Pokémon is a perfect example of this, given for all the Pokémon that see mainline usage, there's just bound to be some that are frankly kinda sucky if not completely sucky at what they do, which only sucks more if it happens to be a Pokémon you really like for whatever reason (Mightyena's bar none the worst Dark-type Pokémon in the series, or at least one of them, but like Hell if that stops me from using my doggo boi). And I should perhaps clarify, Fire Emblem's likewise no different, given some units do others' jobs much better overall, and the tier list about what'd work for the most amount of payoff for the least amount of effort makes complete sense to me.

    So why do I bring up the title?

    It's because something I loved about Fire Emblem and still love to this day is how the game builds its character progression system as well as generally have caps be balanced so that every character's limits are even across the board and, assuming capped stats, have something going for them in a way that'd be beneficial. Obviously, this doesn't change how units like Gwendolyn or Sophia should be avoided at all costs due to how god-awful they are, but the player isn't directly stopped or necessarily going to be worse off in terms of absolute limits/endgame stats for choosing to use them, and in fact, if they're persistent enough and/or have enough favoritism, they can reach their class's caps and just freaking slaughter your way through the game. Obviously, this is something that's not worth it based on how much you'd have to slow down to do that, but that's a thing I love about FE: nobody is built equal when you get them and thus that should absolutely influence what people should use, but everyone has equal stat limits thereabouts, and it can be reached, even in cases where it's ludicrous to do so, like some madlad stat-pumping Bantu FE12 Lunatic for the memes.

    Growth and dynamic progression has always been something I loved about FE, and why it's set apart from games like XCOM in my mind. Some units start off great, some units start off shitty, but it doesn't have to end that way if you really want to use them because you like their character or design. I look at, for instance, Mightyena from Pokémon and even with endgame stats he's always going to be way worse than 90% of Pokémon out there, and there's not a lot I can work with that. But in Fire Emblem, it's a matter of the investment needed rather than the end goal, and that's something I love because it doesn't exclude me if I want to partake in online matches, Link Arena or so on and so forth. Because ultimately, I love this series and I love it's characters, and I love using who I like because I'd like their characters or so on. And that's why Fire Emblem's great, because even in the case of units you shouldn't use, like, at all, they don't have to be unusable like some of my favorite Pokémon are in a competitive sense. And I love it for that reason.

    I just wanted to gush about that because Fire Emblem's dear to my heart and it won me over precisely for that reason. I'd love to hear what you guys think in the comments below. Sorry if I get any information wrong, but I just love the dynamic development of the game so much and how smart it feels. ^^

    submitted by /u/Wanderer2691
    [link] [comments]

    ICYMI - We now have official localized names of all 12 Crusaders of Jugdral

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    Thanks to FEH's website update this past weekend, all 12 Jugdral Crusaders have been given localized names. Here are their names, holy weapon, and English pronunciation (or at least as close as I can find, please correct me if need be):

    • Heim - Book of Naga - Haim (rhymes with "pain")
    • Baldr (previously Baldo, Bardo, etc) - Tyrfing - BAL-der (first syllable rhymes with "pal")
    • Hoðr (previously Hezul) - Mystletainn - The letter ð is pronounced like a th. The o is short, like "hot." Roughly, hoth-er
    • Od (previously Odo) - Balmung - pronounced like "odd"
    • Njörun (previously Noba or Nova) - Gáe Bolg - NYOR-oon
    • Dáinn (previously Dain) - Gungnir - DAH-en
    • Nál (previously Neir) - Helswath - nahl
    • Ullr - Yewfelle - OO-ler
    • Fjalar (previously Falar)- Valflame - FYAHlahz (pronounced like one syllable)
    • Thrud (previously Tordo) - Mjölnir - Throod
    • Ced (previously Seti) - Forseti - reader's choice, this doesn't seem to be from Norse mythology
    • Bragi (previously Blaggi) - Valkyrie Staff - BRAH-ghi

    And with that, the number of named figures without officially localized names dwindles. Here's hoping these names will stay consistent at last!

    submitted by /u/racecarart
    [link] [comments]

    Beloved

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 04:05 PM PDT

    Elice is the best darn pirate the world will ever see in a randomized FE11

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 05:08 PM PDT

    Shamir and the Jack-O challenge

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    “Peak Comedy” (Awakening Spoilers)

    Posted: 29 Aug 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    Decided to make some artwork of Celica laying out on top of her car, just for fun.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 07:15 PM PDT

    Narcissistic Professors

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 06:29 PM PDT

    Two blondes playing with science (commission by @RadicalsLab on Twitter)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 07:25 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm new to Fire Emblem and never a single game of this series but i would like to get into this series and it's story but i don't where to start the Right Order so can you guys tell me the right Order? and Thanks

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    So when I went to fetch a link to Flavia's listing last week, I saw Owain's buyer fell through. So now they are BOTH mine

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 06:55 PM PDT

    "Three Houses: Four Saxes" album by Joe Zieja ~ Kickstarter Campaign

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 06:18 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment