• Breaking News

    Monday, October 11, 2021

    Fire Emblem My Life is Complete

    Fire Emblem My Life is Complete


    My Life is Complete

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 11:13 AM PDT

    I drew Corrin

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    Day 11 of drawing Tharja each day for Inktober

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 03:48 PM PDT

    Hilda! Hilda! Love drawing her.

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    Petra MacNeary Painting Practice!

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    Halloween Byleth~

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 12:25 PM PDT

    My FE7 Daily Chibi Project: Part 4

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 01:24 PM PDT

    Who are some units who have lopsided or/untypical growths/stats for the class?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 04:47 PM PDT

    Barring reclassing, one of my favorite types of units are units who have stat distributions and/or growths that are frankly unsuited for the class in question. Some are legitimately entertaining, some are failed experiments, but even in the latter case, you almost have to commend the fact they're so atypical — especially if they pull it off. Some examples include:

    -Amelia as an Armor Knight. Her worst choice, but it's still pretty hilarious to see her double everything and being an Armor Knight who thinks they're a Myrmidon. Especially if she gets a good Defense roll, which makes her basically Meg except actually competent.

    -Hinata the tanky Samurai. Such a weird option, but one that actually makes sense given how Myrmidons in Fates are less typical Myrmidon so much as, well, Samurai, which is more of a warrior caste like Knights.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Wanderer2691
    [link] [comments]

    Arran, Catria, Julian and Wolf for the 11th day of Inktober

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 07:15 AM PDT

    Who is your favourite character from each game?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 03:12 PM PDT

    I just wanted to see who are the characters that most repeat as fan favourites! In my case, they are:

    Shadow Dragon/Archanea games - Xane

    Gaiden/Shadows of Valentia - Kliff

    Genealogy of the Holy War - I didn't play it so just for aesthetic, Lewyn

    Thracia 776 - I didn't play it so just for aesthetic, Nanna

    Binding Blade - Geese

    Blazing Sword - Serra

    Sacred Stones - Joshua

    Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn - Ranulf

    Awakening - Yarne/Cherche

    Fates - Kagero

    Three Houses - Manuela

    submitted by /u/MoguTrain
    [link] [comments]

    About Edelgard's Meritocracy

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    So I was just thinking about this when replying to another post and thought I'd bring it up here as I've only played CF once and it was my second route way back at launch, so I'm wondering if I've just forgotten details.

    So we know Edelgard decides that the Church is awful for Fodlan and needs to be torn down. I think one thing the game does a very good job of is establishing that Crests (and the importance placed on them) makes it pretty awful to be a member of the average noble house.

    What I don't really get is her preaching regarding meritocracy and letting people reach their potential. If we look at the cast of the game, Ashe is a commoner who has been adopted into a noble house. Dorothea, Ignatz, Raphael and Leonie are commoners who are attending the most prestigious military academy on the continent - and only one of them even comes from a glamorous background. The church doesn't appear to have an issue with crestless, common people rising in society.

    On the other hand, the Empire that Edelgard is heir to and eventually takes over appears to have a ruling structure based entirely on single aristocratic families holding hereditary roles basically indefinitely down the generations. Is it established somewhere that this is because of the church that house Vestra, Aegir, Varley and Bergliez hold the most prominent positions in the Empire and nobody else can claim them, regardless of their talent or capability?

    Because from what I can see the Church is not only allowing but facilitating common people rising above their starting station in life. Consider also that Alois and Shamir, well-regarded members of the Knights of Seiros, are also commoners, and Jeralt rose to command them despite being a common mercenary. Whereas Adrestia seems to be the most tradition-bound, 'only these families can ever be at the top' part of the whole continent.

    So what am I missing here? Or is it just an oversight in the writing?

    And please don't use this as an excuse to either bash on or zealously defend Edelgard. Edelgard's cool; it's just this one element of her reasoning that has been itching my brain for a while now. I'm interested in if there's anything I've missed that makes the whole 'I want to build a nation built on merit' line of motivation make a bit more sense, not whether Edelgard/the Church are super right/wrong good/evil.

    Edit: Just wanted to say up here that the responses here have been great and made me realise I've forgotten more of the game than I remember and maybe need to stop skipping all the dialogue in my recent playthroughs, hah. (And that you miss a lot by not unlocked those cross-house paralogues, apparently.)

    submitted by /u/Adubuu
    [link] [comments]

    How has your opinion of Edelgard changed over time?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 04:38 AM PDT

    Edelgard still is an extremely difficult character for people to talk about despite how much time has passed since the game release. That being said I think a lot of people have changed their viewpoints of her in favor or against her as time moved on. So wanted to know where people are at now in their feelings toward her.

    submitted by /u/MiuIruma332
    [link] [comments]

    Was anyone else singularly impressed that Ashe managed to haggle successfully against Anna during his C support with Petra?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 12:29 AM PDT

    Ashe of all people. Anna's supposed to be an immortal traveling merchant, right? I just didn't imagine any living creature, either in Fodlan or any other Fire Emblem world, could upstage her when it comes to haggling prices.

    submitted by /u/TheBigSmol
    [link] [comments]

    Time signatures in Fire Emblem music

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    I'm making a presentation about time signatures in video game music and was wondering what are some good examples of non 4/4 signatures in the series. All I have so far is Eldigan the Lionheart. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ColQuesadilla
    [link] [comments]

    Fire Emblem Cipher Drama CD Translation

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    Link to the playlist here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJPgldi75UL2y1xNZvsmP_Ara70CXePwA

    I wonder how many people even know this drama CD even exists?

    Anyways, I was able to get my hands on the CD a while back and finally got translations to make some subbed videos. Thanks to currytantou and trashrye on Twitter for translations!

    This video features 7 of the Cipher OCs Emma, Shade, Yuzu, Randal, Alice, Valjean, Niamh (all of whom share voice actors with other characters in the series) as well as Michihiko Hagi (Ike's voice actor) saying funny stuff about Cipher. There's also a bunch of references to their characters that they voiced and other characters in the series.

    Like most of the people here, I haven't actually played Cipher myself. I just think the art and characters are cool lol

    submitted by /u/Fudgenuggets980825
    [link] [comments]

    Revelation tag team run batch 3

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    Doing a run of fire Emblem revelation where me and 2 other people trade the save around.

    EP 7: https://youtu.be/vg4Mu5IsAws

    EP 8: https://youtu.be/4m0UNB6jcI4

    EP 9: https://youtu.be/EQrwH7GJN88

    submitted by /u/squidnow_amiibo
    [link] [comments]

    Was Chon'sin supposed to be a Korean-esque nation?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 02:51 PM PDT

    I didn't want to look at them as "oh obviously its another Japanese nation lol", but it keeps sending off crazy mixed signals with what little we get.

    The samurai-esque nature of Myrmidons and Swordmasters (Killing Edge is literally a katana and Yamatsu is a japanese folklore sword) also doesn't help.

    Then we get to the names, Lon'qu, Say'ri, and Yen'fay. My thoughts are to try assuming Korean, but maybe Chinese possibly? But I know how Chinese names work and I don't recall seeing many Chinese names, even surnames, having a ' in the mix.

    So what exactly IS Chon'sin supposed to be? My hopes are that they actually ARE Korean or some other Asian culture that isn't just the popular well-known Japan. I know Korea is considered, to us uneducated sillies in the west, one of "the big three" cultures of East Asia (in terms of how well known they are, with Korea getting the short end of the stick, either being known for the North/South split or some other diatribe, not the beautiful history it has beyond that), but does anyone have even remotely solid details on this??

    submitted by /u/TimeLordHatKid123
    [link] [comments]

    Summer Byleth art I commissioned from @sierra117renner on Twitter

    Posted: 10 Oct 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    Which Game Should I Buy

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 12:44 PM PDT

    My first fe game was Three Houses and I loved it. I've played through every route several times and loved every second. But you can only play through one game so many times and so I've shifted my focus towards other games. I'm looking for something that works on a 3ds or switch, I don't care to much about story and am looking for something that poses a challenge. So what game do you recommend I should get?

    submitted by /u/V7698
    [link] [comments]

    (FE3H) Recommended Lorenz Class Progression?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    I'm playing Golden Deer on my Second Run, and I'm planning out my class progression early on(big mistake not doing it in the past causing me to drop Annette in BL).

    I've figured out most of my units class and skill goals except Lorenz. I know I want his endgame class to be a Dark Knight, but I'm stumped on what classes to master. If I go down the spell route, I already have to compete with Marianne, Lysithea "The Destroyer", and Ignatz who I plan to make a Mortal Savant(lol). If he goes physical, his rng-screwed attack won't really do him well, and I either drop Dark Knight or do a Frozen Lance spam build.

    Should I put Lorenz down the physical path or build him up as a mage? Any other suggestions for him is appreciated because I'm pretty stumped.

    submitted by /u/ZygardeCell-99
    [link] [comments]

    Part 10 | Fire Emblem: Code Of The Burger King | Lynhardt Dances Into Our Hearts IN AMERICA

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Hi there, I recorded this symphonic rock cover of Fódlan Winds. Tell me what you think

    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 11:19 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment