• Breaking News

    Friday, March 4, 2022

    Fire Emblem For those of you who don't have Smash Brothers, the most recent event is called "Some Training, Professor?" With Blue Corrin as Dimitri, Female Villager as Edelgard, and Golden Pit as Claude. Upside down, of course.

    Fire Emblem For those of you who don't have Smash Brothers, the most recent event is called "Some Training, Professor?" With Blue Corrin as Dimitri, Female Villager as Edelgard, and Golden Pit as Claude. Upside down, of course.


    For those of you who don't have Smash Brothers, the most recent event is called "Some Training, Professor?" With Blue Corrin as Dimitri, Female Villager as Edelgard, and Golden Pit as Claude. Upside down, of course.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 05:05 PM PST

    Hilda art I commissioned from Excaliblader

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 08:00 PM PST

    The gentle war maiden

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 06:50 AM PST

    Happy Birthday Azura! I wanted to share an old photo of my cosplay to celebrate! 🌊🎶

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 09:14 AM PST

    I drew Rowan & Lianna for a big art collab to celebrate the Switch's 5th anniversary! (Link to full credits in comments)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 08:01 PM PST

    A fan brought an Edelgard sign that made it on TV at this week's episode of AEW Dynamite

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 12:57 AM PST

    I drew Sumia!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 11:47 AM PST

    Marianne's Inferno by SInoBice!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 10:20 AM PST

    My experience with Three Houses

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 11:08 AM PST

    Today is Azura birthday. So I made something quick to celebrate

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 05:16 PM PST

    Natasha :D

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 08:39 AM PST

    [OC] Beloved Lucina 🦋

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 06:53 AM PST

    [SoV MODDING] I made a Sonya/Kamui support! Let me know if you want the rest~ (sorry about the quality btw)

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 09:11 PM PST

    I made GBA Battle sprites of Genealogy characters from the first generation

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 06:30 AM PST

    Robin is the #1 supporter of the Shepherds

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 07:16 PM PST

    Anyone else enjoy the predictability in Fire Emblem's gameplay/have recommendations for SRPGs with similar mechanics?

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 07:02 AM PST

    Anyone else enjoy the predictability in Fire Emblem's gameplay/have recommendations for SRPGs with similar mechanics?

    I don't know how else to describe it; "predictability" seems like a pejorative term but I assure you, I'm using it in a completely positive way here. I love that Fire Emblem's gameplay is predictable, I love that I know at any moment what the enemy can do, how far they can move, and exactly how much damage they can do to me. Damage calculations are a simple matter of subtracting the enemy's attack and my unit's defense, comparing their speeds to see if they go over the doubling threshold, and just like that I can be absolutely certain of whether placing my unit in the enemy's range is safe or not, and I can easily know how much damage my unit can do in return, too. Sometimes the formula changes a little bit between games, but overall calculations are extremely simple (except for FEH, but I don't play FEH anyway).

    There's of course an element of unpredictability with crits and skills, but even those can be accounted for; I can easily check the enemy's chance of critting or proccing a skill, calculate the damage I would take, and decide whether I can take the risk or not.

    This is perfect for a strategy game, because it actually makes me think about my movements. I don't just place units around willy-nilly and just hope for the best; because calculations are so easy to make and damage is so predictable, I am encouraged to think about what I'm doing. And honestly, it's satisfying to see a turn play out exactly the way I imagined it would, even if all I honestly did was make a bunch of elementary school-level calculations lmao

    I'm making this topic because I've been playing the Triangle Strategy demo, and honestly I don't mean to criticize the game, I'm sure it'll be fantastic and I was really excited for it (hence why I played the demo in the first place!), but unfortunately I've come to realize that it's just not for me. I played around with hard mode and I just couldn't tell what the damage formula was just from looking at the numbers the game provided me, so I looked it up in the Triangle Strategy discord, and:

    https://preview.redd.it/gp2rgvjbl6l81.png?width=856&format=png&auto=webp&s=352de70b80f9aa9e808dd3137c7f757e86dcbe78

    Like, girl, what the hell is all of this lmao. It's not a complicated formula by any means, but it's too unwieldy to make calculations off the top of my head while I'm playing the game. What this means is that essentially, the stats that the game provides me are meaningless. Big numbers good, low numbers bad; that's about as much information as I can glean from them, and that is a little frustrating because I feel like if I don't have all the data, I can't really make any informed decisions. And at that point, where is the strategy in this strategy game?

    Again: this does not mean that Triangle Strategy will be a bad game. I don't mean to criticize its gameplay; it's not for me, but that doesn't make it bad. But it made me realize that this has been a very common trend with the (admittedly few) SRPGs that I've played. I haven't played any that made its damage data as clear and easy to take into account when making decisions as Fire Emblem does. The closest I've found is the Devil Survivor games, where the damage formula is also fairly obscure but there's other ways to gauge whether leaving my units in any given enemy's range is a good idea or not (essentially, don't put your units in the range of enemies that can exploit their elemental weaknesses and you're good).

    I dunno. I don't think I've ever seen anyone talk about this specific issue, so I suppose it's not a big deal for other people? Is there anyone else who enjoys this aspect of Fire Emblem? Any recommendations for other SRPGs that make damage super easy to calculate for small-brained people like me, or am I doomed to replay Radiant Dawn for the rest of my life?

    submitted by /u/cruasan_bananis
    [link] [comments]

    I had to work overtime to get this done! Happy Birthday Azura!

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 05:47 AM PST

    Fire Emblem series "First-of" and "One-of" quizzes

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 04:12 PM PST

    I made some quizzes on sporcle designed to test your knowledge about certain aspects of the series. Hopefully it's a fun little time waster, and if you get some things wrong, maybe you'll learn something about the series (assuming of course that I haven't made any errors...).

    The first one is "first-ofs", which looks at the first time certain things existed in the series. Note that most of these things will have appeared in other games too (except for things that originated in three houses for... obvious reasons), but you only get it correct if you successfully select the first game it appeared in.

    The next one is "one-ofs", which looks at things that have only made a single appearance in the series. This one is simpler to understand but I honestly think it might be harder to get them all correct (it was also really hard coming up with enough examples for each game so if some of them seem... arbitrary, that's why).

    I freely admit that there's a chance I've made some errors, so if I have please let me know and I'll try to correct them. Keep in mind though, just because the answer wasn't what you were expecting doesn't mean I've made a mistake ;). Additionally, some of the questions are worded kind of awkwardly as a result of needing to be quite particular about EXACTLY what it's trying to say, so any advice on how to reword them will be appreciated.

    I used to make quizzes for Fire Emblem all the time on sporcle, and if people have any ideas I'm more than happy to listen and maybe make them in the future. For now though, I hope you enjoy playing these quizzes :)

    submitted by /u/Lilio_
    [link] [comments]

    Lucina Valentine

    Posted: 02 Mar 2022 06:43 PM PST

    Bernadetta by me

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 03:57 PM PST

    Seliph and Larcei, the king and queen of Grannvale! (inkanii)

    Posted: 02 Mar 2022 04:28 PM PST

    Characters Who Would Be Potentially More Balanced In A Different Game In The Series.

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 04:42 PM PST

    Had an interesting thought recently while bored at work. What characters in the series would be more balanced in a different game in the series? I don't think it's possible to entirely nerf powerful characters or buff weaker character by putting them into a different game(given that a unit's tier placement depends on several factors, the game they're in only being one of them.), but making them at least slightly more balanced should be possible.

    So, I ask you, r/fireemblem, what units would be made slightly more mortal in a different title and what units would be made slightly more badass in a different title?

    submitted by /u/CyclicalSin5
    [link] [comments]

    FE8 0% LTC: Chapter 9 in 8 turns [Commentated] -- 1st turnsave over previous LTC

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 01:59 PM PST

    Glory to the holy kingdom of Archanea

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 09:19 AM PST

    Happy birthday Azura, Lady of the Lake

    Posted: 03 Mar 2022 03:51 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment