• Breaking News

    Monday, July 5, 2021

    Fire Emblem Everyone Plays Fire Emblem - Week of July 2nd, 2021

    Fire Emblem Everyone Plays Fire Emblem - Week of July 2nd, 2021


    Everyone Plays Fire Emblem - Week of July 2nd, 2021

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 11:33 PM PDT

    Welcome to the next and totally not late installment of EPFE! This is a casual space for discussing any ongoing Fire Emblem (or related games) playthroughs. Screenshots, impressions, frustrations... gameplay stuff that would otherwise be removed as a standalone post under Rule 8 can be shared here.

    While you can of course ask for advice here, specific questions might get faster responses in the General Question Thread here.

    As always, remember to tag your spoilers, and have fun!

    Last week's thread can be found here.

    submitted by /u/Cecilyn
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Dimitri's route and painted this... They deserved a future together

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    Happy Lianna - Commission by @B_PearlWhite on Twitter

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:07 PM PDT

    Just Florina. (commission by @sphere_garden on Twitter)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    Saint Cichol Renaissance Painting

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 12:52 PM PDT

    Bernie a cute (insta/Twitter @Perry_Cider)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 06:11 PM PDT

    I drew Sonya in the Skullgirls art style!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    That was a bit excessive claude

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 12:12 PM PDT

    Summer Freyja WIP (you can support my Twitter @cozybambii)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 11:05 AM PDT

    Best recruit by roads based on supports and paralogue access

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    Hilda and Marianne's swimsuits are super cute (still waiting for them to come home)

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:48 PM PDT

    Recruiting students in 3H and why gameplay/story segregation is sometimes important. (SPOILERS AHEAD!)

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    So I've seen some people complain about recruiting students in Three Houses. Mostly that it's unrealistic and silly that the player doesn't have to put in effort to maintain the loyalty of their students by the time part 2 rolls around.

    But to be honest? That would make for an awful and frustrating gameplay experience.

    First of all, consider the consequences if the player doesn't maintain loyalty. The obvious answer is that the unit leaves.

    Think about what that means. All investment in that unit? Gone. You grinded your faith stat in order to recruit Lysithea? Too bad, you wasted your time. Any tutoring sessions you spent on them over other characters? Weapons or items they had on them? Gone to waste.

    It'd feel incredibly frustrating to lose a powerful unit not because you fucked up while playing Classic mode, but because you sucked at picking dialogue options or something. Remember how everyone hates that Birthright can kill Kaze unless you randomly have an A support with him for some reason?

    Now to be fair, the game does do this itself with Crimson Flower taking away Flayn, and Silver Snow taking away Hubert and Edelgard. Azure Moon can also kill Dedue if you don't do his paralogue.

    But I think the big difference there is that those units are given to you for free, so you don't have to waste time trying to recruit them, only to end up losing them later. Not to mention the game gives you other units to compensate; Jeritza on Crinson Flower, Seteth on Silver Snow and Azure Moon gives you Gilbert.

    Speaking of losing units outside of the battlefield, how would loyalty be maintained? There's two options I see brought up; support levels with Byleth and conversations in the monastery. Neither of them feel like they'd work well.

    The former is practically effortless to maintain. Support points build so easily and so naturally over the course of the game both in maps and with tutoring that it'd be easy to build however many points you need naturally. Even if that didn't work, you could just bribe them with flowers and other miscellaneous gifts. Even if gift limits were implemented, then we have to ask what the support threshold is. It risks either being too small that it's negligible, or so large that you pretty much have to park Byleth next to the other students at all times, and add more micromanaging to an already micromanagement heavy game.

    Overall, it doesn't add much beyond punishing players who recruit characters later.

    The latter would be even worse. You know how everyone hates that you can miss the Crimson Flower route because nothing tells you to talk to Edelgard on one specific month in particular? Now imagine doing that for every character. Imagine if you could lose Haar in Radiant Dawn because you didn't check one random base conversation.

    Also, it doesn't make sense that this would apply to every character. People like Annette and Mercedes that have some rather tenuous loyalties to countries and houses besides their own? Understandable. But what about characters like Lorenz and Ashe, who have legitimately reasonable motivations to side with someone like Edelgard? Them having the possibility of leaving would be rather odd.

    Now others have suggested sidestepping the issue altogether by just not making every non Lord/Retainer character recruitable. But I think that's not necessarily the best thing from a gameplay standpoint.

    3H is big on customisation. It's the thing that sets it apart from other entries. To that end, I think it's good that you can recruit so many other characters, it allows for more freedom with playthroughs when you have so many options that are all very malleable, especially with NG+.

    Plus, some people just wanna save as many characters as possible, and I can respect that. Don't get me wrong, I like that there's no "Golden Path" where everyone lives happily ever after, but that doesn't mean I don't wanna use my almighty player powers to keep my favourite characters alive.

    Overall, I think the house recruitment system works fine as is from a gameplay standpoint. Any lacklustre motivations for characters (COUGH, INGRID IN CF BOSS CONVERSATIONS, COUGH) switching sides should be on the writers to handle, not the designers.

    I know people have been big on "gameplay story integration" ever since Mekkah made his video on it (and he's still absolutely right about some of the stuff in his video. Seriously, why are relics so inconsequential to use for other characters, especially after what we see happen to Miklan?) but sometimes you need to make a fun gameplay experience first. (As much as I agree with Mekkah's video, Gronder Field with Fog of War would be horrible to play on.)

    TL;DR: Having to maintain recruited students' loyalty wouldn't be very fun, which is why I'm glad that the game doesn't make you do that.

    submitted by /u/Fillerpoint5
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone got into Fire Emblem because of Super Smash Bros?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    When i first got Super Smash Bros Brawl iwas just fascinated with Marth and Ike, which is i got fates as my first game on the series.

    submitted by /u/Gamestar02
    [link] [comments]

    Ike

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    Visible Growth Rates

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    One thing I keep on hoping Fire Emblem will add in game are visible growth rates for characters and classes. While I've played some games blind sometimes, there are usually characters I don't get to use due to limited characters per map, and it'd be nice to see a unit's growth rates prior to me committing to them. In more recent games, I just look up the growth rates, but I'd love it if I could just have that resource in game instead of opening up more tabs on my computer.

    Plus, with class changes influencing growths, it'd be nice to see what a unit's overall growth would be before I realize that reclassing a unit in a certain way might've significantly lowered their speed growth and such.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Browser7725
    [link] [comments]

    I just beat Chapter 10 conquest Lunatic!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    I know it's not that big of a deal, but I'm just really excited that I beat this chapter on lunatic mode on my first attempt! Especially since I didn't plan out the whole map(I always forget where and what reinforcements spawn). I'm not trying to brag or anything considering how many attempts it took me on hard mode for the first time, but I just like sharing my excitement knowing that I've become a better fire emblem player since I first got introduced to the series.

    submitted by /u/eeyoregod
    [link] [comments]

    My art progress over 3 years~! (Corrin)

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 11:57 PM PDT

    Any advice for Awakening Lunatic?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    I've beaten 3H on maddening, Fates birthright on lunatic, and half of Conquest lunatic(not because I got stuck, but because I just never finished it), and I still can't even get past chapter 2 of Awakening lunatic. I'm wanting to give it a another shot today or tomorrow and I would like to hear some suggestions like Robin stats and whatever else you think will help

    submitted by /u/masapp08
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment