• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 20, 2021

    Fire Emblem Oh to cosplay Flayn with a giant ass fish

    Fire Emblem Oh to cosplay Flayn with a giant ass fish


    Oh to cosplay Flayn with a giant ass fish

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    Last year I drew my best friend as a FE:3H character for Christmas, thought you guys might appreciate it! (@psychaelum)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    (OC) Drew Catria!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:16 PM PDT

    My favorite Pegasus Knight, Sumia, but make it boudoir [self]

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 10:31 PM PDT

    I made big round plushes of the lords and Byleth!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 11:04 PM PDT

    Timskip Hubert Doodle

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 09:57 AM PDT

    Illyana having a lunch break :) [Commission from Twitter]

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    3D Printing the sword of the creator

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 11:08 PM PDT

    A traditional and digital art of Tiki! (by fvmarts aka me)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 09:30 AM PDT

    Completed FE3H Dancer Dimitri Maddening Solo. Do Not Attempt.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    Hello! I have not posted before, but I just finished a maddening solo with dancer Dimitri. It took years off my life and I wanted to share some learned wisdom, as there's very little out there about maddening solo runs and even less about something as asinine as this. Also apologies that it's such a long post, I need to exorcise all this from my brain.

    First off, a warning! There is a reason everyone does solo runs with Byleth. In addition to Ch. 6 (in which your lord is not available), Byleth has both A. Access to convoy and B. More favorable starting positions in crucial maps. Additionally, female Byleth allows early access to flying, and there's a reason everyone doing a solo run has Byleth on a pegasus/wyvern.

    My Ground Rules:

    • No units other than Dimitri are allowed to deal damage
    • No use of support spells (healing, warp, etc)
    • Only Dimitri and required units can be deployed (which means you always have a lone Byleth to worry about)
    • This was a NG+ file, though the only relevant skill I had on Dimitri was an A+ in riding for the movement bonus, the rest (brawling, flying, sword), I had to do in this file. Obviously professor level was pretty necessary for grinding and tutoring Dimitri.

    Some Leniencies:

    • Obviously Dimitri is not available in Ch 6. This was soloed with Byleth, who I had been leveling as an adjutant on side-battles
    • All DLC items allowed. Dancer Dimitri solo would not work without counterattack and +2 movement
    • Byleth (and other force-deploy units) can be attacked as long as he doesn't deal damage in return. This is pretty unavoidable on some chapters like the Holy Tomb one (without warp or flying) or Defend Garreg Mach (ugh)
    • Stat boosters and side battle grinding were allowed. I started skipping months towards the end because Ch 14 really took it out of me, but I used it plenty
    • I didn't do any paralogues except Silvain for the quick stat boosters, some of them are definitely impossible with this setup and I just wasn't emotionally willing to find out which ones

    Basically this was inspired by me realizing that with his post-ts personal skill, alert stance+, sword prowess, and sword avoid, Dimitri could rack up some truly spectacular avoid. I didn't need to keep Dimitri as a dancer, but I like the outfit and it seemed like a fun idea (I was wrong). I had him go myrmidon - thief - swordmaster - dancer (when available), and he stayed as a dancer for every chapter other than the one right after the ts, obviously. I largely used iron swords, as this class path gave him enough speed growth to double even enemy swordmasters, and his base growths gave him enough strength to ORKO anything other than armored units, for which I used a rapier or silver sword. Mostly used Kingdom Brave Lance Co. battalion for the high hit and bonus avo, though the gambit is a bit underwhelming.

    In general, this build was incredible for soloing most chapters. Doubled everything (literally every single unit except Ch 21 Petra), plenty of strength, massive avoid (up to 165 in the later chapters), 9+ movement, healing focus, and counter attacking. I cleared the last 4 or 5 maps almost entirely with iron swords, and in the final chapter not a single enemy had more than a 0% hit chance with anything that wasn't a gambit. Would absolutely recommend this path in anything other than a maddening solo run, tons of fun. Even without the DLC movement and chalice this is a legendary dodge tank and fantastic mob killer.

    Some General Suggestions for Maddening Solo Runs, as Learned From Not Having Used Flying Bows Byleth:

    • You should use a flying class. Traversing terrain is crucial. Canto is crucial. Use a flying class.
    • You should train in bows, if only for Ch 14
    • You should especially get +20 hit. It won't seem like you need it in the early game, but by the time you do, it will be too late
    • Take your time and play slow, enemies in later chapters almost all have gambits and your 164 avoid will not help you if you get hit by more than one or two of these
    • Buy elixirs early because by the time you need them it will be too late
    • Make use of every opportunity to have tea time and increase your charm. No matter how high it is, enemy gambits will still have alarmingly high hit rates, so raise it higher. I did not do this early on and I regretted it.

    Difficult Chapters of Note:

    Chapter 9:

    Jeralt. Took me a few hours to get lucky with his AI, and I mainly used brave swords on this map to kill the Demonic Beasts faster than Jeralt could kill himself. Trying to set Jeralt up for situations where he is at 3 range when attacked for the extra dodge and/or will hopefully canto out on ally phase after attacking were key to him lasting long enough. Also getting lucky. Going up the right side and across the back half seemed to work best, as this leaves Jeralt with only 1 Demonic Beast for a turn or two, and the one in the bottom-left tends to move up and over towards the back rather than straight towards Jeralt, as the bottom-right Demonic Beast tends to do. So much work for him to immediately die...

    Chapter 14:

    This took over 12 straight hours. Your lord is the hardest person to solo this with, because you don't get to choose where they start and they start on the wrong half of the map. You need to get all the way to the right to kill the pegasus knight on turn 1, and back to defend the 3 spaces on turn 2. Dancer Dimitri does not have enough movement for this.

    Thus, this is the only chapter where I deployed a non-required unit, and it was Seteth with Stride to get Dimitri to the right side and back (assassin Byleth doesn't have enough movement to get over to Dimitri for Stride). It was necessary. Also Seteth died. I count it as still being a solo, as he did not deal damage and without that I simply could not have gotten past enemy phase 1. Some notes for anyone attempting to solo this chapter:

    • There seems to be some rumour that triggering the fire trap changed it from a rout map to a kill boss map. This is not true on maddening. I know for a fact. I triggered the trap and killed the boss, and I did not win. I have a video if you don't believe me. Don't bother with the trap.
    • As you're probably aware from other solo runs, having your solo unit on one of the 3 capture spaces entices enemies to attack them. Unfortunately, if you are using swords, you are relying on landing 2 hits to kill each one. I did not have hit +20. Iron sword+ was my new best friend (100 hit stat). Even with that, a level 36, 152 hit Dimitri still had about an 80% hit rate on pegasus knights, which means I needed perfect RNG to pull this off, which is why it took over 12 hours, because there are about a billion pegasus knights and there are very few times you can afford to let them live. Not including the other enemies. Don't be like me. Get hit +20 and use bows like everyone else.
    • You will get crit way too much by like 8% crit rate pegasus knights. Learn to move on.
    • If you are not using Byleth, you do not have access to Convoy. Plan carefully. Having an assassin Byleth theoretically allows you to sneak into the fray and restock Dimitri, but the enemy AI is particularly messy on this map, and frequently Stealth fully did not work. The best solution to this seems to be using bows so that you can OHKO everything. Don't be like me. Use bows.
    • If you are not at least somewhat between an enemy and the monastery, they will sprint past you and you will not be able to catch them because you are a dancer and cannot fly over walls. Be very careful about positioning. This makes the brawler manning the onager nearly impossible to kill without letting enemies past you if you do not have 2+ range attacks and canto. Don't be like me. Use bows and a flying mount.
    • I'm not sure what controls the infinite reinforcement spawns, but sometimes the pegasus knights and paladin got staggered in what turn they spawned. This means that getting a free turn to switch sides briefly was very difficult, so try to avoid this if you can find out how to do so. The run I beat it on they were staggered so it's not impossible, but it certainly complicates things.
    • The winning run also had the swordmaster somehow drawing the general next to the onager and the two pegasus knights nearby up to fight him, which leaves them free to sprint at the monastery to be mopped up at the top by Dimitri. Crucially, this leaves only the brawler on the onager to be killed later while managing the infinite reinforcements. This was clutch considering Dimitri can't fly or attack over that wall, so you have to take another turn to run around it and a second to run back, so only having one enemy to deal with was huge. Not being able to simultaneously deal with these bottom right units and the reinforcements ended many many attempts
    • In summary, I think this chapter should have been impossible with my setup, and despite the 12+ hours straight I spent grinding on it, I'm still not totally sure how I was able to beat this. If what I have described doesn't seem too bad, I implore you to try soloing this chapter without ranged attacks, flying, or canto. Anyone who has done this with flying bow Byleth can probably imagine the fresh hell it would be without those.

    That's about all I have to say here. Seriously, if you're thinking about soloing this on maddening with anyone, bows and/or a flying class are tremendously helpful. I only use one save slot so I had no way to go back and train bows or certify a flying class when I hit Ch 14, but if I could I would have. Also maybe consider not soloing with a lord, if just for Ch 6 and 14. Just do female Byleth like everyone else, seriously it's hard enough already.

    submitted by /u/chiknnoodlsoop
    [link] [comments]

    I drew Syrene with a killer lance

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    My Hand-drawn Drawing of Rinkah from Fire Emblem Fates

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 03:35 AM PDT

    CK3 Fodlan Mod: Raphael has become Adrestian Emperor and united the three kingdoms

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    A Grasping Truth (Radiant Dawn)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    Twilight of the Gods (Gaiden/Echoes)

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    This is my first article and I'm very proud of it.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 08:14 PM PDT

    Question about class and unit building in Fates compared to Awakening + another thing

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 11:04 AM PDT

    reposted from the fates subreddit because i'm not sure anyone's gonna see it there lol

    (Stupid questions incoming) so how exactly does unit building work? im a big awakening fan, and it's clear that this game is a lot different (limited seals, no second seal type object) so I was wondering what the average class path looks like for this game? clearly you can't do crazy things like dark flier -> bow knight -> general, but I still want to know how people usually get good skills with the apparent lack of second sealing. is it just seal once then done? is there a reliable way to get a variety of skills without expending all your limited resources? can't really wrap my mind around it and was wondering if anyone who has played would be able to help me!

    another thing, I've heard a few spoilers here and there so I gotta ask. does elise really die? like never coming back no way to be saved? you lose a unit just like that? pretty crazy, and I wanted to make sure so I could figure out who to use instead (I haven't started conquest yet but I've bought it)

    thank you!

    please let me know if this isn't significant enough and should go into the megathread, I'll happily delete!

    submitted by /u/cthulhu-in-a-van
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to make a D&D Level 1 Sorcerer character based on Radiant Dawn's Pelleas (Stats were rolled for). Feedback welcome for this, the first draft.

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    What's the worst child unit you've unintentionally made?

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    Typically when pairing units up I personally care for how much I enjoy the two as a couple more than focusing on eugenics (except in fe4). This usually turns out fine, most units turn out good or just really mediocre, but my most notable exception is Shiro with Orochi as his mother.

    I don't know why I thought he'd turn out fine, but I enjoyed their supports together and decided to S-Support them. This left Shiro with pretty bad bases in part since Orochi didn't level much beside magic and resistance, and Ryoma only gained a couple levels at that point. It also left him with terrible growths, giving him 25.5% STR, 32.5% MAG, 20%SPD, 35%DEF, and 37.5 RES.

    submitted by /u/BushIsApartOfAlQaeda
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, after all of these years, I got my hands on a Wretched Breath and Naglfar!

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    A Day in the Life of Heroes - Brotherly Woes

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 07:40 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment