• Breaking News

    Friday, July 10, 2020

    Fire Emblem My Hilda Valentine Goneril Cosplay With Freikugel Completed from FE 3 Houses! (@crypticjinx_) Got done building & painting my Freikugel and promised I would show it!

    Fire Emblem My Hilda Valentine Goneril Cosplay With Freikugel Completed from FE 3 Houses! (@crypticjinx_) Got done building & painting my Freikugel and promised I would show it!


    My Hilda Valentine Goneril Cosplay With Freikugel Completed from FE 3 Houses! (@crypticjinx_) Got done building & painting my Freikugel and promised I would show it!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 12:27 PM PDT

    Any Leonie fans?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:07 AM PDT

    Assassin Petra and Templar Ashe [Assassin's Creed Crossover Commission by @Cidateart]

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Byleth [OC] (Tofuubear)

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    Shamir shooting an arrow [OC]

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 06:54 AM PDT

    Khalid of Almyra

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Summer uniform Mercedes cosplay by me!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 04:43 PM PDT

    Summer Byleth - [ OC Fanart ]

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Drew a Summer Annette because she is precious and deserves all the sweet treats

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 01:35 PM PDT

    Anyone else feel seriously conflicted about the state of the community?

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 01:48 PM PDT

    This has all been a massive mess.

    Before I start this post, I want to make something clear. I am not blaming everything that has happened on the community leaders. As active members of the community, we all played a role in making it what it is.

    When Mangs was outed, everyone vowed to be a better member of the community and "make the community a better place", but to do that, we actually have to act on those words.

    Why then, is the Chaz situation being handled so badly?

    I want to make this clear. Regardless of whether Chaz is found to be innocent or guilty, we should be using the same analysis of the entire situation. What is and isn't acceptable behaviour doesn't magically change in hindsight.

    With that being said, some of the community leaders have been acting badly during this situation.

    Lucky Crit came off as extremely antagonizing and demonizing when he made his posts. While the actual content was useful to the situation, the tone in which he presented it was poor. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely glad he presented the information, but there is a difference between saying "I'm apprehensive because..." and saying "x person is a liar".

    To an extent, I understand. If one of my friends was accused of something I was sure that they didn't do, especially by a questionable source, I would be frothing at the mouth and probably acting the same.

    But that doesn't make it OK.

    If this was just a regular guy complaining about how the accuser had acted, then it would be more understandable. However, Lucky Crit isn't just some random guy. Lucky Crit is a community leader with a lot of followers, who's opinion carries weight.

    I'm not saying this to shit on Lucky. To me, it seems like he let his emotions get the better of him (an easy thing to do in this trying time). But we must hold community leaders to a higher standard if we wish to progress as a community.

    ...

    Some people probably expect me to shit on Gooses actions, but I'm not going to. She has experienced something most of us could never possibly understand, and while she has made comments that haven't been the best thought out, it's unfair to judge her in this situation.

    ...

    Onto Chaz. There is a lot to unpack but I'll start by saying this:

    Even is he is found to be 100% innocent of everything accused of him, his behaviour is less than stellar. I do believe that some of the content of the DMs between him and indie have absolutely ZERO context where they are ever OK, but that's not what I'm going to focus on.

    What I am going to focus on is this: Why do we not hold Chaz to the same standard as Mangs?

    Chaz's behaviour is nowhere near as bad as Mangs' was, but it is still objectionable at times. Why is it that when Mangs makes an inappropriate comment it is "obvious he was a predator all along", but when Chaz makes a similar comment it's "just part of his persona". Even if it is just part of his persona, is this really what should be at the forefront of the community. What happend to making the community a better place?

    I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea here. I'm not calling for the ban of everything even remotely risqué, but I do think that consistently behaving in such a manner that no real person ever should in public is something we should at least be questioning.

    There's also the issue of him acting... weird. I don't have a great way of describing my feelings, but I do find it odd that he orbitally nuked mangs and agim for using the n-word (which no one should ever use) because it hurts people just by saying it, yet he is perfectly OK with spending time creating a clip of someone using that word over and over again.

    I'm sorry, but if someone can but hurt just by hearing it, how the flying fuck is it OK to create a clip where it is said over and over and over again. Do you not stop and think for 5 fucking seconds that "Maybe this is going to hurt someone".

    It's important to let people know that Mangs used it, sure. But there is a difference between posting a screenshot/playing a clip once and having it repeadtely be said.

    As before, if this was simply the action of a hurt friend, it might be understandable. Not justifiable, mind you, but you could at least see how someone who had been hurt by the situation would lose their sense of judgement.

    But this isn't just some random guy. This is a community leader with many, many people following him. We can't be OK with bad behaviour just because it is against a bad person.

    I don't hate Chazz, but I do think that the guy needs to take a look at his behaviour, given how big he is.

    ...

    Regarding the hypocrisy between the allegations against Mangs and allegations against Chaz.

    I don't want people to take this the wrong way, but the way the allegations against Mangs were handled has sort of led us into this hole. What Mangs did was horrific, awful shit that makes me hope he never comes back to the community, but we should still discuss this.

    When the information against Mangs came out, community leaders rallied around Goose (A good thing). Said community leaders then instantly went on to admonish anyone with even the slightest hint of scepticism.

    This is understandable from THEIR point of view, as a lot of them had had access to information that other people either weren't aware of or didn't have access to. Seeing both sides in such an open and shut case was unreasonable.

    But from the point of view of a random person who didn't have much evidence, asking questions would be perfectly reasonable, wouldn't it?

    Now that the accusations against Chaz have come out, it's suddenly OK to be reasonable again. It's important to see both sides all of a sudden.

    Even if you count the different amount of evidence, it's still inconsistent and uncomfortable to a degree.

    So now we are left with 2 situations.

    Situation A) The way community leaders handled the Mangs situation is right, even when you don't have all the evidence, you should trust the people saying that there is enough evidence. The ends justify the means, if the person is bad enough.

    Situation B) The way community leaders handled the Chaz situation is right. Always be sceptical, even when you don't have evidence, and you shouldn't just trust the people saying that they have all the evidence.

    This has all left me seriously, seriously conflicted. On one hand, community leaders helped abolish a nasty person (and potentially save an innocent one), but on the other, they aren't being consistent or professional in the way they operate.

    I don't hate these people, they all seem like good people who actually want to make the community a better place, and with a passion for the games. I won't define them by a few of their bad actions. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to at least point them out.

    My question to all of you is. Should we hold community leaders to a higher standard than ourselves?

    When we see their actions as the actions of flawed humans, they make sense. But should we be OK with that when these people have such large followings.

    I truly have no idea what to think anymore, and I await all of you guys input.

    EDIT: alright because a lot of people have commented on this, I'm not saying that Chaz's weird behaviour makes him a predator or anything. I'm just saying that it's weird and creepy, that's all.

    submitted by /u/TheFlattestStanley
    [link] [comments]

    Just a simple Sylvain fanart. Who likes/dislikes him? ��

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Byleth ready to cut some watermelon!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    When You Let Claude Out Of Your Sight For More Than 5 Minutes (Colorized)

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 03:09 PM PDT

    MEKKAH ANIMATED (Sorry for bad timing, this took 2 months to make...)

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    ChazAriaLLCs Response

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 11:45 AM PDT

    Edelgard fanart

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 06:27 AM PDT

    The Lion and The Eagle

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 06:07 PM PDT

    GOLDEN DEER!�� (PART 3/4) My Fire Emblem 3 Houses Perler bead art set! Some don't look too amazing and some colors are off but I made most of the characters I wanted to so far!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    Lucina with a flower crown [@espurressos]

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Second portrait, second lord! It's Titus! Go play Vision Quest!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    BLACK EAGLES!♥️ (PART 4/4) My Fire Emblem 3 Houses Perler bead art set! Some don't look too amazing and some colors are off but I made most of the characters I wanted to so far!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 01:20 PM PDT

    BLUE LIONS!�� (PART 2/4) My Fire Emblem 3 Houses Perler bead art set! Some don't look too amazing and some colors are off but I made most of the characters I wanted to so far!

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    I drew Dimitri because I really like him like maybe a little bit too much--

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    Marianne did not like that answer

    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment