• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 20, 2021

    Fire Emblem Edelgard portrait

    Fire Emblem Edelgard portrait


    Edelgard portrait

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 08:52 AM PDT

    FE: Magic [4set]

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    The hero of Fire Emblem Fates: Sophie!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    Sylvain, King of Hearts by me!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    I sketched Ayra!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    Day 20 of drawing Tharja each day for Inktober

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    King of Unification

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    Elise, Nohr's precious cinnamon roll

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    Mercedes Fanart

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 06:48 PM PDT

    Tharja fanart for inktober (pls notice me u/jp123loz senpai)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    Thracia is a great game, it really is, but God am I frustrated by it. (Warning, this is partially a vent post)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    What I'm about to say is going to be harsh, fueled by impulse and frustration. In advance, I apologize for any harsh or rude behavior this may either come off as, or outright be. The game I criticize is a great one, deserving of more love and recognition, but I will not hold many punches here.

    I feel like you aren't allowed to criticize the game without being deflected or countered somehow, but I'm not here to fully shit on it either.

    I know people say "oh after Munster its cool, minus one or two chapters and a certain string of four like, three chapters later", but I'm sorry, when CHAPTER 9, the supposed "breather chapter", is giving me hell to play, I have to call complete bullshit.

    Granted, it isnt AS BAD as the Munster arc, but jeeze! I adore what this game does with narrative integration into the gameplay, I appreciate it all on an artistic front, but the game is WAY too luck based. Yes, it IS luck based, I don't care what ANYONE says, it's luck based. Some of those "map winning strategies" I've seen people successfully pull off, like the exact specific locations to place the four cavalry units in chapter 9? Yeah, luck based, those people were lucky, and if your luck is insufficient? SUCKS TO BE YOU, better reset and roll again, murdering your motivation in the process!

    And honestly? All games with similar systems are luck based to some degree, but the luck is typically not so badly skewed as in this game. Perhaps we're just used to games being biased in the player's favor, since if it was truly a 50/50 experience, most games with RNG systems would be garbage to most people, but come ON!

    This game is perhaps the best in terms of story and experimentation that Kaga's era had to offer, the peak of his refinement before leaving the company, but the experimentation also led to the WORST CASE of stereotypical "Kaga Syndrome"

    I swear to you, I HAD LESS TROUBLE WITH FIRE EMBLEM ONE, AS IN THE ORIGINAL! Sure the save states are on switch, but I'm also using them on Thracia, so...

    Also, I'm not using them anywhere near as much as I am in Thracia.

    Now, I've let a few units die, but none considered be-all-end-all essential greats among the party. In Chapter 9, I'm doing well enough with bow kills against the wyverns, so our windy boy lacking his grafcalibur tome (because lady fix-your-shit was too fatigued to be used this chapter) wasn't THAT big of a deal for me. However, Leif's side of the combat is NOT my issue. My issue is the fact that these MEDIOCRE HORSEMEN are barely able to kill RATS, and the blue haired woman, who SEEMS the best unit among them, is barely any better.

    My point is, I love this game, but I hate how it frustrates you. I hate how in denial of many common criticisms the game's fans are. Maybe, just maybe, you guys had a better time because, perhaps, most of the RNG-based issues didn't hit you as hard?

    And look, I'm sure I'm still doing something wrong here, I will gladly own any mistakes I make, but for God's sake, even when doing the community focus-tested exact mathematically correct formula tactics, its STILL a dice roll if it succeeds.

    I WANT to enjoy the game, I like it in my heart, but my current emotions are nothing but neutrality at best, since the munster arc murdered most of my motivation. I just...can't.

    At the end of the day, gameplay takes SUPREME priority in most games. I know I know, the game blends gameplay and story VERY well, yes yes, but sorry, there's a reason, a GOOD REASON, why most players consider this game one of the two black sheep of the franchise, and thats because the difficulty IS high, and the complaints are USUALLY justified.

    Its only easy to some of you because you roll lucky enough, and you're familiar enough with the game's secrets to play well. Trust me, there are things I find VERY easy, but I at LEAST acknowledge the fact that my skills are skewing my perception of it.

    So, im sorry for the rant, I know this is gonna get a million downvotes and probably get removed by mods, but I wanted to vent to you guys. I dont mean to crap on anyone, the game, or otherwise, I just hate how this game makes me feel like I have Stockholm Syndrome with it.

    submitted by /u/TimeLordHatKid123
    [link] [comments]

    The unstoppable, unbeatable Kieran! Minus horse.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    GOOD BLOODY RIDDANCE!!!

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    What's the best pre-Awakening game to tackle first?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 04:07 PM PDT

    Howdy folks, I'm relatively new to the series, and am nearing the end of my time with the modern series of games-- got my thirst reignited by 3H, went back to play Awakening (it's my favorite game ever and I am not sorry), and am visiting Fates for the first time. My time with Fates is coming to a close soon, as I have 1 more campaign to run through, and Echoes is just around the corner for me, but I've been looking forward to jumping into the earlier entries in the series.

    So to the meat of the issue: what's the friendliest game to walk me back to the most hardcore of the games? I understand that a lot of features that I've been using as a crutch-- infinite grinding, casual mode, mid-battle saves, etc-- are not guaranteed as I go back. Is there one title that you can often be recommended to newcomers to the older titles, and are there any best practices to getting ahold of these older titles?

    Thanks so much for your help, folks!

    submitted by /u/Skitburd
    [link] [comments]

    An idea I had for a Fire Emblem-like story

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    1. On an as-of-yet unnamed continent, there are two major nations. One is influenced by a church that believes their goddess will bring salvation in the form of a benevolent king, while the other is an empire that elects its "emperors" democratically and has a distinctly anti-theocratic bent to it, believing in the "will of the people". These two (supposedly) well-intentioned, but flawed nations are close to the brink of war because of their fundamental differences. There are two stories, each with a set of main characters that start on the side of one of the nations but eventually find themselves leaving and forming their own groups after defeating their early-game hate sink antagonists. On the church side, you play as a knight-in-training and his friends who find themselves excommunicated and on the run after they end up killing a wealthy, yet horrifically corrupt count. Meanwhile, on the empire side, you play as the tricksy, but honorable son of a general who forms a mercenary group after he manipulates Group A into taking out his corrupt commanding officer.
    2. And to throw a bit of Three Houses in there, there's a group of secondary villains: a syndicate that wants to use an ancient power to destroy both nations and take over for themselves
    3. Apologies for the wall of text.
    submitted by /u/Jon_Childers_01
    [link] [comments]

    A Day in the Life of Heroes - Support Your Local Library

    Posted: 19 Oct 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    Missed opportunity

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 07:15 PM PDT

    I'm playing Fire Emblem Fates for the first time (Birthright if you're curious). There's a place called Sea of Hoshido. But if you ask me, it should have been called the Hoseado.

    submitted by /u/Wolfdude_go_brrrrr
    [link] [comments]

    Can I share my EDC Gear here? It's her birthday after all.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 10:47 AM PDT

    I am liking this Project Ember thing so far. Streaming chapter 4 and maybe more today.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 03:33 PM PDT

    What game should I play for my first fire emblem game?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2021 06:41 PM PDT

    Yeah so I don't rly know much about fire emblem but I've played a bit of smash and I like to play Lucina and robin but idk much about the characters from there.

    submitted by /u/FlamingTaco967
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment