• Breaking News

    Friday, November 12, 2021

    Fire Emblem My summer summons Fell Star Duo Rhea cosplay from FE Heroes.

    Fire Emblem My summer summons Fell Star Duo Rhea cosplay from FE Heroes.


    My summer summons Fell Star Duo Rhea cosplay from FE Heroes.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:44 AM PST

    Dark Knight Marianne

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 06:11 AM PST

    Come Under the Blanket- Caspar + Hilda

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:16 AM PST

    I have decided to play Awakening like it's Heroes, and it's surprisingly fun.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 03:47 PM PST

    I've been on a bit of a marathon of older Fire Emblem titles lately, thanks to getting back into the series with Three Houses. I played Sacred Stones after finding it at a pawn shop, and had a fun (if slightly frustrating) time playing through Erika Hard. I plan on revisiting Fates (really only for the gameplay) and replaying Echoes on Hard/Classic for true skirmish hell.

    Unfortunately, I've always had a problem with going back to Awakening. Unlike many of these other games, the prevalence of the child characters being a solid 50% of the game's non-DLC maps means that I can't just bench units I don't like, and permadeath sort of loses its luster if I keep resetting for basically every death if I want to experience all the content.

    Then I remembered: Oh yeah this game has DLC characters that I never fucking use. They can die with impunity.

    And thus, Chrom and Robin's fell dragon-slaying quest is now a poor man's Fire Emblem Heroes (play this as you read for maximum effect).

    Here's a recap of everything I've gone through so far:

    Play the game normally until Chapter 3.

    Accidentally forget to talk to Kellam, which is a problem because I still need to pair all of my female units to play the child Paralogues. The game honors my unironic participation in the worst Fire Emblem meme and decides that he will be put into the "absolutely-removed-from-the-freaking-game-forever" zone.

    Bench every single unit except for Chrom and Robin. Their services are... no longer required.

    Go into Wireless. Redeem the 1000 renown reward to receive a small loan of 10,000g.

    Start summoning Spotpass teams in the 1-5 Level range.

    Check stats and pick out 4 that appeal to me, since the next map has a deploy limit of Chrom + 5.

    Screw the Shepherds. The prince of Ylisse is rolling with... checks bottom screen Amelia, Florina, Wolt and Nanna. Thank god my Robin has HP boon, because she has more bulk than the rest of my army combined.

    Immediately regret my life choices as "Marth" wrecks my face.

    TMW Lucina kills her father in an exhibition match, thus dooming this time to Grima, with a 3% critical because Chrom overextended.(Ch. 13 Spoilers)

    Go to the Outrealms after Ch. 4 and find out what a real Marth looks like. Sadly, I don't believe this Marth is real, either. The aura checks out but the grab range isn't quite right.

    He is very happy to hear that I have replaced all of my friends with generic units that don't have opinions or any free will of their own. It reminds him of nostalgic times.

    Play Donny's chapter and needlessly sacrifice him just to keep my shitty archer from getting merc'd. At least I have the Rescue Staff to make Ch. 5 actually beatable.

    From this point onward, I allow myself to temporarily use units that are recruited as part of the chapter, as Ch. 5, 6 and 7 all give you one or more units automatically. I do, however, try to avoid giving them kills by putting them behind Pair Ups as much as possible.

    Complete Champions of Yore 2 and get our boi, a skilled Roi. (Also haha perverted card man so funneeeeeee. At least this line from CoY 1 is golden)

    My surprise when I find out that Amelia is good in general. (Ch. 6 spoilers. Btw this map is extremely fun but why isn't it a defend map?)

    As my army gets stronger, I also have the option of recruiting more units from Spotpass without feeling like a cheat. Unfortunately, at this stage I basically just have Pegasus Knights, Archers, Swordies, Mages and Knights to choose from. I guess lumberjacks and Batta the Beast aren't iconic enough for IS to include in the (assumed to be) last FE game ever. Ah but we gotta make sure Boey is in it. Everybody loves Boey.

    Settle on Arthur (no, not that that one... or that one) because he starts with Wrath. Again I have no idea who he is, but Kaga-era hair is floofy and lopsided and I vibe with that look.

    Wolt is basically dead weight now, since he eats shit the moment someone looks at him funny. I sacrificed Donnel for this.

    Javelins are just big arrows, right? Amelia can be my archer now.

    Upon reevaluation, I have decided that the inclusion of Boey's legs was absolutely necessary to the success of Fire Emblem as a franchise.

    Chad Paralogue Villages: "Here's a seraph robe and a staff that makes your healer viable."
    Virgin Xenologue Villages: "Take my cumbox."

    That's about as far as I've gotten so far. Things are actually quite challenging right now, since some of these units can be quite weak, and especially since Pair Up bonuses are far less useful without proper support ranks.

    This playthrough has honestly been really refreshing to someone who burned out on Awakening a long time ago. I hope you enjoyed the read, and I welcome any feedback!

    submitted by /u/ShadowDRGN_vi
    [link] [comments]

    Lilina's revenge

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 03:00 PM PST

    One of the best moments of my first playthough

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 07:00 AM PST

    Katarina and Ishtar (Commission)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 12:58 PM PST

    I drew Edelgard von Hresvelg.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 04:19 PM PST

    Ninja Marianne [OC]

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:18 AM PST

    What's a character most people aren't fans of (in your opinion) which you really like?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 07:36 PM PST

    I wanna bring some more lighthearted talk for a little. What's that disliked character you think is great?

    submitted by /u/Lv3WhiteWind
    [link] [comments]

    Who do you think has the dumbest reason to be recruited across all the games?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 12:49 AM PST

    Personally it is just Sylvain. Just "Yea you have a vagina, let me be in your party". Does anyone have a dumber reason?

    submitted by /u/Darkdragon_98
    [link] [comments]

    Reviving an old project of mine and starting from scratch I’m currently drawing every Smash Bros character in roster order Fighter 32: Ike (I know this is bad but it’s better than what would be my first attempt)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 04:59 PM PST

    Would I like Three Houses if I didn’t particularly like Awakening or Fates?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 08:52 PM PST

    Both kinda bored me as someone who loves and still replays 6,7,8,9,10 often. Something about the new design is off putting.

    That said I watched a review and since it seems similar to Persona I am intrigued. I did love Persona 3/4/5.

    Has anybody else been in the same boat?

    submitted by /u/JMM123
    [link] [comments]

    Enjoying the simplicity of the older games

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:52 AM PST

    I loved fire emblem as a kid (even though I was garbage at it-everyone died on easy except my pre-promote and lord usually) and got back into the game via three houses, which I played through three times. Since then I have been replaying the series from the first NA game (7). Right now I am on 9, the game that first got me into it when I was a kid.

    While I really liked three houses playing it, looking back at it, the idea of doing ALL that monastery management and unit teaching seems like a drag. I love how in 7 8 and 9 you just go from battle to battle-there's a bit of stuff in between. Feels like a much cleaner gameplay experience, or at least one I more likely to replay. 8 in particular seems like a sweet spot: still some level of customization of units and a bit of a postgame if you wanna test your army, but still is mostly straightforward and focused on the tactics.

    Does anyone else feel this way? It's not that I think Three Houses was bad; I put 120 hours in and beat it on maddening, but there is something to be said about the more streamlined gameplay of the older games.

    submitted by /u/applejackhero
    [link] [comments]

    I was looking at some Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster boss fights, and wondered which bosses might be fitting for Fire Emblem at some point

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 05:20 PM PST

    There are some great boss designs out of the Final Fantasy series, like Byblos (FF5), Scarmiglione (FF4), Atma Weapon (FF6), and so forth. Since we got to fight giant beasts in Three Houses, one has to wonder if they might use those beast mechanics for some powerful bosses in future titles.

    To that end, pick a boss from the NES/SNES era of Final Fantasy games that you think could make for an excellent boss design, at least from an artistic point of view. Try to avoid final bosses, as those are pretty hard to top. Also, try to go with the more monstrous bosses, so ones like Kefka or Golbez don't count.

    As I said before, one of my main picks would be Scarmiglione from FF4. I also think Calcobrina was a really nasty design, one that could have some awesome gameplay mechanics in FE.

    submitted by /u/darkdill
    [link] [comments]

    Fe Characters at like 2 AM hit different bro

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 09:28 PM PST

    My Fire Emblem collection so far

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 07:07 AM PST

    My first maid Byl&El samples from my manu are here! Still waiting on Dimi, Bernie, and Hilda~ Need some hair fixes but they look so good overall :D Also they accidentally gave By the same eye color as El haha xD Where's the purple eyed Byl fanart?? For shop updates follow my Twitter, same name c:

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 02:17 PM PST

    FE9 HM 100% LTC (Prologue-C2)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 10:47 AM PST

    https://youtu.be/QGo7BXi6_ec

    Notes:

    -The prologue has nothing of note as it's the run-of-the-mill introduction chapter.

    -Chapter 1, Ike actually has a Chance of Death on T1 EP as he faces a Myrmidon with ~79 Displayed Hit (~91.39) that deals 5 to Ike, 3x Fighters with ~43 DIsplayed Hit (~37.41) dealing 6 (One of them deals 5 to Ike upon level up), Bandit with ~41 Displayed Hit (~34.03) that deals 6. Ike normally only needs to dodge 1 of these if he did not crit but has to dodge two as Ike gets 4HKOed. Ike's CoD is ~15% when facing 5 enemies, and ~6% if Ike did not crit that one fighter and only faced 4 enemies give or take but biorhythm can screw these numbers up. These numbers assume a neutral biorhythm.

    -Chapter 2, relatively standard 4-turn clear and 1st Bandit we face was rigged to roll up on AS so Ike can set up a kill for Boyd. Boyd normally has ~77 Displayed Hit on Myrmidon but due to bad biorhythm, tempest doubling down on the bad biorhythm Boyd had and Myrmidon having good biorhythm, the hit rate was 62 Displayed which was the worst-case scenario.

    End of Chapter 2 EXP:

    Ike 4.27

    Oscar 4.10

    Boyd 3.53

    Rhys 4.11

    Titania 1.56

    submitted by /u/tyronecarter35
    [link] [comments]

    Felix in Awakening/Fates style!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 12:01 PM PST

    An fe11 h5 iron man was a mistake. After a horrifying tale where I get all the way to chapter 24 and lose to an ambush spawn manakete I retry with my new knowledge in mind and get fucked. Still going, I'll get through this

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 08:37 PM PST

    End of the FEE3 2021

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 05:51 AM PST

    Yesterday, the FEE3 ended after nearly 3 weeks of showcase, with nearly 80 projects presented: be it romhack fangame, new engine, animations, etc.

    For those who don't know about it, the FEE3 is an event that happen every years, since the early 2010s, where the modding community of Fire Emblem come together to show what it has done in the year ! It grow each years, with more and more people getting into Fire Emblem and the less-known part of the community, to the point where this year there was 2-3 projects presented everyday between the 23rd of october and the 11th of November !

    It's thanks to the team of Fire Emblem Universe and all the modders present that the Event can happen each years, and with even more quality, so big congrats to them all !

    to give you an idea, here's some teasers of projects who were showcased this year:

    Fire Emblem: Divine Inheritance

    Fire Emblem: The Lonely Mirror

    Fire Emblem: Cerulean Coast

    If you are interested to know more about this side of the Fire Emblem community, or missed this year event, feel free to come watch all the showcases of this year, on the Fire Emblem Universe YouTube channel:

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBzKBlbCEmW2jwpF0KG1kqA/videos

    Moreover, since the FEE3 is a big event, there is a also a fundraising charity event linked to it. Solidarity is important, be it in the modding community or in society. So this year, it was for an association that help victims of COVID-19, and it's still open :

    https://tiltify.com/+fire-emblem-universe/fire-emblem-e3-2021

    submitted by /u/Pinguinimac
    [link] [comments]

    Edelgard's class mastery skill and Raging Storm are swapped. What changes?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 02:12 PM PST

    I was thinking of ways to make Edelgard's personal class more appealing, and thought of this. For everyone who needs a reminder on what the Emperor class skill does (read: everyone):

    Flickering Flower: Axe only, 3 durability, +10hit/might/avoid. Inflicts frozen status on contact.

    And just as a ground rule, let's say Aymr is still the only weapon that can use Raging Storm too keep things from spiraling completely out of control in this thought experiment.

    submitted by /u/CHPrime
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment